Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: FAU @ Auburn - 10/26/13 @ 7:30 PM

Add topic

Well, as I was mentioning last night, this will be our challenge…

The Southeastern Conference on Monday announced its Football Players of the Week, recognizing performances from the eighth week of the 2013 season.

OFFENSIVE: Nick Marshall, QB, Auburn

• Marshall threw for 236 yards and two touchdowns and rushed for a career-high 100 yards and two TDs to lead Auburn to an upset victory at No. 7 Texas A&M.
• Accounted for 336 yards of total offense and four touchdowns
• Only second Auburn quarterback to ever rush and pass for two or more scores in the same game. The last to accomplish the feat was Cam Newton at Kentucky in 2010.
• Led Auburn to four touchdowns in their final five drives
• Directed an Auburn offense that had 615 yards of total offense, the third most ever by an AU team in an SEC game
Back to the top

To take something away from him…TAMU's defense is really really bad.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I wouldn't mind winning this one!  :cool:
Back to the top

LB Robert Relf will miss the rest of the 2013 slate…Relf played in six games, and tallied three tackles:

Back to the top

Coach Pelini's Auburn Presser…

Back to the top

Auburn starting DB out for year;

Johnson: Auburn DB Josh Holsey out for season - Yahoo Sports

Our prep week starts out good, go get em, SHOCK EM OWLS!
Back to the top

walty12 said

Rick said

Owls open at +28.

(yikes)
Posted On: Oct 20th 2013, 10:18 AM #319917

About what I expected Vegas to give…they gave about the same vs. Miami.  Auburn better than Miami IMO…hopefully they are overlooking the game…
Posted On: Oct 20th 2013, 11:58 AM #319918

+24 now…four point swing.

Interesting…….
Back to the top

Coach Malzhan's comments on FAU today…

"We have Florida Atlantic this week. They are a very athletic team that can run. They have eight starters back on defense and seven on offense. They are definitely concerning."

"The only thing we have talked about is this week and Florida Atlantic. We aren't talking about anything else or thinking about anything else. We're going to keep the same approach. That is what got us here so far. We have not looked ahead. We've not talked about anyone else. We're playing an opponent who is a solid opponent this week."

We aren't overlooking anyone. We aren't overlooking Florida Atlantic. We have had our own injuries. We have lost our own guys. We've played banged up. We're still playing banged up. Depth-wise we are going to need a lot of our guys to be ready."
Back to the top

Owls' depth chart for Saturday per FAU…

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

We need to keep #15 Johnson on the field as much as possible. Every game we watch and wonder why is he coming out in crucial points. He is a beast and need him putting pressure on the QB from the back side. But we have to keep the QB in check, make them throw it.
Back to the top
Control functions: