Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach Edwards and Stewart lead to dismissal of Pelini

I find it interesting that the AD didn't check his sources before he basically fired Pelini and Rekstis.  Did he not realize his sources, Coach Matt Edwards and Allison Stewart [CONTENT REMOVED DUE TO SITE POSTING VIOLATION]. I'm shocked that this University would not investigate before these two lying individuals attempted to save their jobs.  [REMOVED DUE TO SITE POSTING VIOLATION]  I'm not sure these two are credible enough to believe on such steep allegations of drug use.  
Back to the top

First of all, that's a pretty wreckless accusation to make anonymously on a message board.  Second, you expect anyone to believe that Edwards feared for his job so he makes up a story about 2 of his bosses using drugs…and instead of fighting the accusation, Pelini and Rekstis go ahead and resign?!?  If it were you and you were accused of this type of behavior, don't you think you would fight as much as necessary to clear your name?  
Back to the top

If Pelini was going to fire Edwards for having an affair, then Pelini is not only a douche bag but also a hypocrite. 

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Sorry…Typo.  night before the game** not after. 
Back to the top

Even if the accusation was true it is irrelevant. The fact is what Edwards and Stewart claimed was proven correct. The fact that their claims are true means I give more weight to what they say than what this anonymous poster says.

Chun did not have to accept Edwards allegations at face value. However when an assistant coach makes specific allegations of drugs use against his boss it creates reasonable enough suspicion to ask Pelini and Rekstis to take a drug test.

Back to the top

Insider info said

I find it interesting…
Posted On: Nov 5th 2013, 9:57 AM #320929

Maybe your allegations are correct…but when Pelini and Retskis was presented with the evidence against them they immediately resigned.  I really don't care what the motivation was to report Pelini and Retskis, I am just glad it was done, it obviously was not a false accusation otherwise they would have defended themselves instead of immediately resigned.
Back to the top

Personally I think the whole thread should be deleted its potentially libelous and irrelevant.
Back to the top

voss749 said

Personally I think the whole thread should be deleted its potentially libelous and irrelevant.
Posted On: Nov 5th 2013, 11:27 AM #320936

I second the motion…too much damage can be done with an anonymous accusation.   I also wish they "guest" commenting feature would be turned off.  I think it is better when you have to register to comment…a little less garbage gets posted (not all, but a little!).
Back to the top

This is not a good thread. These claims could be totally bogus. We don't know. If coach Edwards reads this I'm sure The Owls Nest will be getting phone calls.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

This thread is not being deleted.

But as far as the purpose of the initial post:

This issue was not alleged drug use, it was admitted drug use. The reason Pelini is not here is because he chose to participate in illegal drug activity - period.

Obvious quam poster is harboring should be pointed elsewhere. There is no crime to being in someone's hotel room.
Back to the top