Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: FAU @ Southern Miss - 11/16/13 @ 12:30 PM

Add topic

We could do that better than Princeton, you're right… though the way they primarily used it was very similar to the play we ran for a TD last week when it went out to… Daniel McKinney?… who threw it to Dukes in the endzone.
Back to the top

Couldn't find highlights from the LaTech game but here's USM vs NT

Back to the top

From FAU Football's Instagram: Schnelly addressing the Owls today.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Via Clarionledger.com:

“A couple of weeks ago, (FAU) went through some unfortunate circumstances,” Monken said. “Their coaches and players have done a good job of moving on. Coach (Brian) Wright has now taken over as head coach, and they do some good things."

“We’ll have our work cut out for us this week.”

Southern's Miss' Todd Monken expects tough FAU despite record, controversy
Back to the top

"FAU’s defense is led by 5-foot-11, 175-pound junior defensive back D’Joun Smith, who is tops in the league with seven interceptions and 17 passes defended."

This is just great, D'Joun has a few more good games and we've got an All American on our hands boys.
Back to the top

As  much as its great to be favored, like NC owl said, "We're FAU, we can't overlook anyone".  We are no where near good enough to consider any game a "gimmie" and I hope our guys can keep that mindset.  From I've read on here on the team's spirit, that should be doable with the current leadership.  Maybe Coach Wright can really open up the offense this week.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Right, we're FAU and every game is going to be a contest.

I think the idea of "overlooking the next opponent" isn't as much a reality on the field as it is a journalism template that they use before a game, like this:

"________ isn't overlooking ____________. 'Despite their record, they're still a physical team. They do a good job of ___________. They have one guy, ___________, who can ___________. Coach ________ is doing a good job over there. We need to be ready.'"

Fans of the team with the better record always expect to (and like to) be reassured that their team will take every game seriously… which of course it will. I think even ranked teams take us seriously for the first half and when they get up by 4 TDs they cruise. But you wouldn't call that overlooking, obviously.
Back to the top

Owls' Depth Chart for Saturday per FAU…

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

So what are the watch options for those without Comcast?

It doesn't seem like we can stream online, and if I remember, the last time Duffys tried to have a party they couldn't show the game either.
Back to the top

teambeer said

So what are the watch options for those without Comcast?

It doesn't seem like we can stream online, and if I remember, the last time Duffys tried to have a party they couldn't show the game either.
Posted On: Nov 15th 2013, 7:24 AM #321454

The Store has Comcast and a large flat screen.  Bring some beer and a comfortable chair!  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top
Control functions: