Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Defeats New Mexico State Post-game Celebration

The Florida Atlantic University Marching Owls play the school's alma mater as alumni, boosters, cheerleaders and the dance team sing along following FAU's 55-10 defeat of New Mexico State at FAU Stadium in Boca Raton, Fla. on Nov. 23, 2013.

Back to the top

FAU Celebrates 55-10 Football Victory Over New Mexico State

Florida Atlantic University football players, fans, dance team members, cheerleaders and student boosters sing the FAU fight song, as played by the Marching Owls following FAU's 55-10 defeat of New Mexico State at FAU Stadium in Boca Raton, Fla. on Nov. 23, 2013. The gathering has become a tradition at FAU Stadium and includes the ringing of the victory bell by players and others.

Sorry for the poor video. I was shooting still images with one hand and cell phone video with the other.
Back to the top

What annoyed the hell out of me is the students who had gotten free tickets had pretty much all left so the band and cheerleaders were performing to noone while the people who had actually paid for their tickets and still there had to watch the backs of their performers. 
Back to the top

It'a nice that we are finally starting to see traditions develop, such as the band, cheerleaders and dance team always signing the alma mater after the game.

The game announcer needs to BE QUIET during this time and not blast anything onto the video screen other than the fight song or alma mater words. Coordination is key here.

Lately, the football team has been coming down to the band to sing the fight song and ring the victory bell. The players need to be told to stay after that and sing the alma mater. Again, coordination. They need to do this, win or lose.

I must say that game atmosphere at FAU has become really fantastic. Even non-fans get their money's worth with then TV-show like emcee, give-aways, contests, constant dance, smile and kiss cams, etc., music, etc. It is extremely entertaining.
Back to the top

Back to the top

352Owl said

Posted On: Nov 24th 2013, 7:39 PM #322418

Ha ha, nice!
Back to the top
Control functions: