Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2013 Bowl Alignment, Watch, & Discussion Thread

Starting an official stand alone thread for discussion on alignment, and current happenings.

For C-USA's comprehensive analysis of the Bowl Situation as of games through November 23rd, 2013:

Click Here

Back to the top

Am I reading this right?  C-USA might have 8 bowl teams but only 6 bowl spots???

If true I hate to say it but it doesnt look good for us…

With that said though, even if we don't go to a bowl game I'll be happy with 6-6…  

Hell to be honest I'm happy with 5-7 with the way the last few years have gone.
Back to the top

CUSA has 6 Bowl tie-ins and will have 7 eligible teams, should we win on Friday.  UTSA is not eligible once there are 70 bowl eligible teams.  FAU will have to hope one of the CUSA bowls prefers having us over another CUSA team or we get into a bowl who's tie-in conference doesn't have enough teams.  
Back to the top

The teams we need to win are in Parentheses:

Mississippi State (vs. Mississippi) …possible
Central Michigan (vs. Eastern Michigan) …doubtful
Syracuse (vs. Boston College) …probably
Wyoming (@ Utah State) …probably
Colorado State (vs. Air Force) …doubtful
Southern Methodist (@ Houston, vs. Central Florida) …probably
Rutgers (@ Connecticut, vs. South Florida) …doubtful
San Jose State (vs. Fresno State) …probably
South Alabama (@ Georgia State, vs. Louisiana) …doubtful
Troy (vs. Texas State) …possible
ULM (@ Louisiana) …probably

Back to the top

fauowls44 said

CUSA has 6 Bowl tie-ins and will have 7 eligible teams, should we win on Friday.  UTSA is not eligible once there are 70 bowl eligible teams.  FAU will have to hope one of the CUSA bowls prefers having us over another CUSA team or we get into a bowl who's tie-in conference doesn't have enough teams.  
Posted On: Nov 25th 2013, 1:16 PM #322444

I believe I read that C-USA's policy is not to take C-USA teams whose record is not better than the other.
Back to the top

That makes sense.  
Back to the top

Makes sense unless the "other team" has better quality wins…

But regardless, that's not happening.
Back to the top

mckeon said

If true I hate to say it but it doesn't look good for us…
Posted On: Nov 25th 2013, 12:52 PM #322440

Nope, it does not. I think we might not only be late to the party but not bring enough incentive for someone with money on their mind to take us. At best we'd probably travel about 2-3k right now. I read that bowl officials were at FAU Stadium for the NMSU game and I can't imagine they liked what they saw :(

Back to the top

If what was posted about UTSA now not being bowl eligible due to more teams eligible than needed, then CUSA only needs to find one spot for the Owls (one of the returning teams to the Conference next year - unlike EC and Tulane whom are leaving for greener pastures - catch my drift CUSA?).
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

mckeon said

If true I hate to say it but it doesn't look good for us…
Posted On: Nov 25th 2013, 12:52 PM #322440

Nope, it does not. I think we might not only be late to the party but not bring enough incentive for someone with money on their mind to take us. At best we'd probably travel about 2-3k right now. I read that bowl officials were at FAU Stadium for the NMSU game and I can't imagine they liked what they saw :(

Posted On: Nov 25th 2013, 3:34 PM #322451

Which is why FAU should be doing everything in their power to get as many people in the stadium on Friday as possible.  Donate tickets to every charity you can find…$1 ticket offers, whatever.
Back to the top
Control functions: