Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

An Open Letter to AD Pat Chun in Support of Brian Wright as Head Coach

The below letter was sent in by a long time supporter of FAU Football.

If you agree with the stance it presents, please consider sending it along to the address provided.

DOWNLOAD LETTER HERE

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Seriously?
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Seriously?
Posted On: Nov 26th 2013, 4:53 PM #322530

Seriously what?
Back to the top

Rick said

owl2Doc said

Seriously?

Seriously what?
Posted On: Nov 26th 2013, 4:58 PM #322531

I thought it made some good points.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Seriously?
?

Do you have an issue with this?  If yes, what?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

It think he's frustrated that there was a petition started to say the same thing.

We must have a unified voice in order to get the message across
Back to the top

Ah, I can see your point Team.

To be honest, haven't kept up with posts that well as of late - BUSY - and certainly didn't mean anything other than support by posting this request, so Hopefully it will just add to the Goal which appears to be commonly shared.
Back to the top

teambeer said

It think he's frustrated that there was a petition started to say the same thing.

We must have a unified voice in order to get the message across
Posted On: Nov 26th 2013, 8:09 PM #322536

Now I understand.  I don't believe multiple sources is a bad idea.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Pat Chun was hired to be the Athletic Director. We haven't even given him a chance to present any of the candidates he's considering. We are stifling the selection process by petitioning for Wright without even knowing who are the potential candidates.

Wright took over at the easy part of the schedule and all of sudden people have become delusional (me included at times) because FAU is winning games decisively against easy opponents. The reality is Wright haven't been tested in competitive games to declare him the de facto person for the head coaching job. I agree he should be considered as one of the potential candidates. Let's give Pat Chun the benefit of doubt to make the decision that's best for the long term interest of the university and the athletic department.
Back to the top

OWLNATION said

Pat Chun was hired to be the Athletic Director. We haven't even given him a chance to present any of the candidates he's considering. We are stifling the selection process by petitioning for Wright without even knowing who are the potential candidates.

Wright took over at the easy part of the schedule and all of sudden people have become delusional (me included at times) because FAU is winning games decisively against easy opponents. The reality is Wright haven't been tested in competitive games to declare him the de facto person for the head coaching job. I agree he should be considered as one of the potential candidates. Let's give Pat Chun the benefit of doubt to make the decision that's best for the long term interest of the university and the athletic department.
Posted On: Nov 26th 2013, 9:02 PM #322539

I have to agree with this comment. Granted I feel Wright has earned to be in a position to be one of the top candidates for the job. Ultimately he maybe the best person for the job, but let's take a step back and see what other candidates are out there. It would be interesting to see what Wrights long term vision and plan of the program is. Granted with the uncertainty with coaching situation it's tough to criticize the recruiting class, but it looks pretty awful so far. I think we need to find out more about the recruiting efforts we plans to put forth to bring the too talent possible in the area. I think Wright has down the best job possible he can so far, but let's just keep an open mind as well. 
Back to the top
Control functions: