Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Something is not right?

I am starting to realize that if a coach is not named in the next 48 hours Chun has blown this coaching search.
I believe that 4 weeks ago both Fickell and Wright looked like better candidates then they do today.

Wright might lose half of his staff and I do not think Wright has been around long enough to pull a D-1 staff together in a couple weeks.

Fickell on the other hand stock has dropped dramatically due to Ohio States poor play on D.
Now that these guys stock has dropped I do not think Chun widened his search enough and now has a real lack of names.

Why would you cancel an interview with Gran if you still did not know who you were going to hire.

The fact that we wanted to gire a coach by the 8th and it is now the 11th without any really in sight onther then a RB coach for Ohio State is sad.
As much as this is FAU it is maybe one of the top non BCS jobs in the country we are a team that went 6-6 and have about 16 starters coming back and located in South Florida why the lack of names?
Back to the top

I'm sure something will be announced shortly, at least I hope.  Thought it was stated the "week" of the 8th and not necessarily on the 8th.
Back to the top

It was "week of the 8th".  Last I checked, it's still the week of the 8th.   There was a flurry of news on Monday and it has gone quiet since.  I think that is a sign that something will be announced soon.
Back to the top

Ohio State coaches are most likely in town for the Orange Bowl Kick Off Party. I agree with fauowls44.
Back to the top

Any coach hired cannot do any recruiting from December 16th until Jan 15th.

Personally I think the rule should ONLY apply to teams that are in bowl games. Otherwise
the teams in bowl games essentially get free advertising.
Back to the top

If Wright is hired im sure even people who interviewed  with FIU wont go there if they know Wright will keep them. Its much better being at a 6-6 program than a 1-11 program especially in Ron Turner cant get the program up.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

I am starting to realize that if a coach is not named in the next 48 hours Chun has blown this coaching search.
I believe that 4 weeks ago both Fickell and Wright looked like better candidates then they do today.

Wright might lose half of his staff and I do not think Wright has been around long enough to pull a D-1 staff together in a couple weeks.

Posted On: Dec 11th 2013, 12:49 PM #323851

I think it is a misconception that the current staff is Wright's.  It is Carl Pelini's staff.  Even if Wright were to be retained it doesn't mean he would keep the staff.  I would assume he would bring in some of his connections.
Back to the top

fauowl said

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Dec 11th 2013, 12:49 PM #323851

I think it is a misconception that the current staff is Wright's.  It is Carl Pelini's staff.  Even if Wright were to be retained it doesn't mean he would keep the staff.  I would assume he would bring in some of his connections.
Posted On: Dec 11th 2013, 4:18 PM #323888

How did the interview go today??
Back to the top

Former TD Ameritrade CEO Joe Moglia Leads His Football Team Deep Into The NCAA Playoffs - Forbes

The Dude interviewed with FAU before Pelini was hired.

Joe Moglia Stadium anyone :)

Fordham Prep (assistant)
Archmere Academy
Penncrest HS
Lafayette (DC)
Dartmouth (DC)
Nebraska (EA)
Omaha Nighthawks (pro team in the UFL)
Coastal Carolina (20-7 at coastal carolina) and they beat bethune cookman
Back to the top

voss749 said

Former TD Ameritrade CEO Joe Moglia Leads His Football Team Deep Into The NCAA Playoffs - Forbes

The Dude interviewed with FAU before Pelini was hired.

Joe Moglia Stadium anyone :)

Fordham Prep (assistant)
Archmere Academy
Penncrest HS
Lafayette (DC)
Dartmouth (DC)
Nebraska (EA)
Omaha Nighthawks (pro team in the UFL)
Coastal Carolina (20-7 at coastal carolina) and they beat bethune cookman
Posted On: Dec 11th 2013, 4:38 PM #323890

I am pretty confident a particular poster on this site would have gone APE POO if we had hired this guy…interesting that he beat a so called "hot name" in this years playolls.
Back to the top
Control functions: