Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Breaking: Charlie Partridge to be hired as FAU Coach

Arkansas defensive line coach and long-time South Florida recruiter Charlie Partridge agreed in principle to become Florida Atlantic’s next head football coach Saturday night according to the Sun Sentinel.  

Partridge - who grew up in Plantation, Fla. - spent the past season working under Brett Bilemma at Arkansas. Prior to that, he had coaching stops at both Wisconsin and Pittsburgh.

Partridge has been known as an ace on the recruiting trail and was able to convince 13 players from South Florida to ink with either Arkansas or Wisconsin over the past five years. He was the Razorbacks primary recruiter for four-star running back Alex Collins, who spurned in-state powers such as Miami and FSU and signed with Arkansas.

The 40-year old coach will become the fourth head coach in FAU history taking over for Brian Wright, who finished the season in the wake of the fallout surrounding Carl Pelini.

Partridge was the co-defensive coordinator at Wisconsin in 2011, when the Badgers finished 15th in the nation in total defense.
Back to the top

30-30 had a special yesterday on Jim Tressel, which brings clarity to Chun's selection.

Chun wants FAU to replicate the success at Youngstown State University by following the blueprint of Jim Tressel. Tressel, a native of Ohio, relied heavily on local talents to build YSU into a powerhouse and significantly increased attendance at the football games before being lured away by Ohio State University.
Back to the top

OWLNATION said

30-30 had a special yesterday on Jim Tressel, which brings clarity to Chun's selection.

Chun wants FAU to replicate the success at Youngstown State University by following the blueprint of Jim Tressel. Tressel, a native of Ohio, relied heavily on local talents to build YSU into a powerhouse and significantly increased attendance at the football games before being lured away by Ohio State University.
Posted On: Dec 15th 2013, 7:22 AM #324430
So, couldn't we have done that with Wright as he spent 9 yrs at YSU? None-the-less, Partridge is our new coach, Chun is our AD and I will support them until OC40 tells me otherwise.
Back to the top

OWLNATION said

I think it would all make more sense if it was Jim Tressel that was hired.  

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

cbboarder said

OWLNATION said

So, couldn't we have done that with Wright as he spent 9 yrs at YSU? None-the-less, Partridge is our new coach, Chun is our AD and I will support them until OC40 tells me otherwise.

Posted On: Dec 15th 2013, 9:27 AM #324435
I was thinking the same thing. From FAU's website:
Write's Coaching Experience:

2013 - Florida Atlantic University Interim Head Coach
2012-13 - Florida Atlantic University (Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks)
2009-11 - Montana State (Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks)
2005-09 - Youngstown State (Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks)
2001-04 - Youngstown State (Assistant Coach/Quarterbacks)
1999-00- Walsh (Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks)
1998 - Walsh (Assistant Coach/WR)
1997 - Youngstown State (Graduate Assistant/WR)
1995-96 - Walsh University (Graduate Assistant)

It was funny because I have been very critical about Chun and his OSU centric coach search, or at least the appearance of it. Then I saw the mentioned 30-30 ESPN show, and thought to myself, that same comment about Youngstown State…that he might actually have a plan. And, then I remembered Wright's background…not.

-Go Owls!
Back to the top

How about we instead copy what Tressel did at OSU but with South Floridians?  Partridge is from Plantation.  Let's bring in a bunch of coaches from the area with good relationships with local high schools and dominate recruiting.
Back to the top

How many 3 star recruits do you all think we will land? Maybe some 4 stars?

Should be intresting how our recruiting goes
Back to the top

Guest said

Posted On: Dec 15th 2013, 10:48 AM #324441

More than before.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Guest said

Posted On: Dec 15th 2013, 10:48 AM #324441

More than before.
Posted On: Dec 15th 2013, 10:50 AM #324442

With a late start this year it could be tough. Still will be interesting to what kind of offense he will want to run 
Back to the top

cbboarder said

OWLNATION said

Posted On: Dec 15th 2013, 9:27 AM #324435
Post of the year!!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: