Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Initial Recruit Reaction

I had the opportunity to speak with one local 3-star LB who is committed to a MAC school, and he was intrigued that FAU had made a move to hire Charlie Partridge. This prospect had known Partridge from his recruiting days at Arkansas, and mentioned that the relationship could warrant a visit come January. The linebacker had an FAU offer from the previous staff, but wasn't considering the Owls.

I should have more later on, but it's going to be a few days until the new staff can actually start recruiting.

Keep in mind the dead period runs December 16th to January 15th - meaning the coaches won't have an opportunity to recruit face-to-face. They are however limited to one phone call a week.
Back to the top

This is an interesting topic. I wonder what other locals think. Is Charlie takes the job, he will really need to be a magician to get a solid class. Hopefully, the committed OLmen will stay. Time will tell. I really hate the short time frame though.
Back to the top

If we get a few more like that, this may not be so bad after all!
Back to the top

Sucks we missed out on Raheem Harvey…he just committed to FIU today.

Kid wanted to commit but wasn't allowed to until a new staff was in place. No commitments allowed with the interim staff. Guess he liked that FIU had a situation in place.
Back to the top

Guest said

Kid wanted to commit but wasn't allowed to until a new staff was in place. No commitments allowed with the interim staff. Guess he liked that FIU had a situation in place.
Posted On: Dec 16th 2013, 6:38 PM #324549

Still plenty of time to swing him back to the good side!  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Guest said

"a situation" is an accurate way to label it.

I'm not worried about one player, our class will be just fine.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

True no one player makes a class, but he sure would be a nice get. Hope the new staff gets in contact with him and can whip out the spatula 
Back to the top

walty12 said

Guest said

"a situation" is an accurate way to label it.

I'm not worried about one player, our class will be just fine.
Posted On: Dec 16th 2013, 6:47 PM #324551

"a situation" that is primed to win 2 games next year!! 100% improvement!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Guest said

Still plenty of time to swing him back to the good side!  :Big-Grin:
Posted On: Dec 16th 2013, 6:42 PM #324550

EXACTLY!
Back to the top
Control functions: