Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

POLL: What Do You Think of the Charlie Partridge Hire?

What Do You Think of the Hiring of Charlie Partridge as the Owls's Next Football Coach?

There's No Doubt, Best Man for the Job
Time Will Tell
Could Have Done Better

Ok, White Elephant Time, as no one is saying a word for the most part.

What do you think of the expected hiring of Charlie Partridge as the Owls' next Football Coach?
Back to the top

We passed over eddie gran for charlie partridge….that gives me pause.

However….Charlie partridge is well liked and is a great recruiter so Ill give him a chance.
Back to the top

As a FIU fan I 100% support the firing of wright and the hiring of a no name coach from Arkansas who from all known reports wasn't even looked at by another school.  Great job Owls…

BWHAHAHAHA!
Back to the top

I like that he was with Bielema for five years at Wisconsin.
But because I am a closet Badgers fan, and they have some good football.

I like that he is local, has a good rep with local highschools and has been the top recruiter at Wisconsin and Ark.

But is he a good hire…
I don't know!
Back to the top

I don't know how I feel about this hire. Mostly because I have no clue who this guy is. It seems like no one has really said too much about him on this forum besides he is a good recruiter and most people seem happy about this. I just don't know if everyone is happy because they like the guy, or is everyone trying to be a "team player" and support the new guy (no matter who it was). I am not hugely into football, is this guy really a "known" name to the average fan? As long as he is personable and appears to want to be at FAU, I will be happy with it.
Back to the top

And in all honesty, you could just about put any name up there and I will still answer "time will tell" because who really knows until we do something…

here's to next season, 8 months away!
Back to the top

Even with all of the craziness of this past season, one thing was clear, the assistant coaches stepped up in a big way. Another thing is clear, Pelini hired some great assistant coaches. One sign to look for is who Charlie Partridge hires as assistant coaches. A good mix of current assistant coaches with new assistant coaches would bring the greatest strength. Unfortunately, it is common practice to hire all new assistant coaches except for maybe one or two current coaches. Changing all of the assistant coaches should only be done when you have to totally rebuild. FAU does not need to rebuild, they need to build on the last two years of momentum. One way to evaluate the new HC is to watch who he hires as his assistant coaches. 
Back to the top

Eng-owl said

I don't know how I feel about this hire. Mostly because I have no clue who this guy is. It seems like no one has really said too much about him on this forum besides he is a good recruiter and most people seem happy about this. I just don't know if everyone is happy because they like the guy, or is everyone trying to be a "team player" and support the new guy (no matter who it was). I am not hugely into football, is this guy really a "known" name to the average fan? As long as he is personable and appears to want to be at FAU, I will be happy with it.
Posted On: Dec 16th 2013, 7:33 AM #324491
First, FAU cannot afford a high profile coach with name recognition unless it is willing to obtain debt to pay for the coaching staff. Second, any person that was going to be hired at our compensation package would have been a coach moving up in rank or someone trying to get back into coaching after a long hiatus. Just like Alfred Morris was a diamond in the rough, we have to find a coach that is as well (e.g. Gus Malzahn). Last, we need someone that has a strong relationship with Florida high school coaches to recruit better players to make the team more competitive. In addition, surround himself with a competent coaching staff. Partridge may not be the big name coach, but he has the ties and relationships that will increase the probability of FAU recruiting better players. His selection of the coaching staff, ability to appeal to boosters and recruitment of players will determine his success in taking FAU to the next level.
Back to the top

Eng-owl said

Posted On: Dec 16th 2013, 7:33 AM #324491

I don't really know much about him either, but I do like that the people who do know all seem to think that this was the right choice.  You see nothing but great things from people who know coaching and recruiting as well as from everyone associated with high school football in South Florida.  That is completely different from when we hired Pelini a few years ago.
Back to the top

Unlike Carl who the rumors kinda swirled around, the Arkansas fans seem to describe losing Partridge as a "big loss" for Arkansas whos in a rebuilding period.
Back to the top
Control functions: