Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

VIDEO: Charlie Partridge at Announcement Press Conference

Charlie Partridge Press Conference at FAU

Back to the top

Great speach… Now get your butt out on the recruiting trail  :cool:
Back to the top

...sometime in Mid January...DOH!
Back to the top

Fastest I've ever seen FAU act. I just got an email letter from Coach Partridge.

Dear Owl Football Season Ticket Holder,
It was with great pride that I accepted the Florida Atlantic Head Coach position. I want to thank FAU’s Board of Trustees, Interim President Dennis Crudele and Athletics Director Pat Chun for giving me the chance to take our program to the next level.

As you well know, this is a tremendous opportunity for my family and me. We look forward to moving back to south Florida, enjoying the diversity of its community, and, of course, the weather. Just meeting the few folks that I had the opportunity to meet during the search process, I can assure you that my philosophies are in line with the mission, core values and leadership of Florida Atlantic.

We know there is work to be done. As I begin to assemble our coaching staff, I will be looking for hard working, experienced coaches that are excited to be at FAU. I assure you the football staff and I will work tirelessly towards building a football program worthy of your pride and support. I know that our staff will help fulfill the motto of “Building Champions, Brick-by-Brick.”

Carrying a 4-game winning streak into the 2014 season, I can’t wait to begin working with our team. Our home opener is September 13th against Tulsa and I look forward to experiencing the great atmosphere you provide at FAU Stadium. Your support of FAU Athletics has been vital to this point and I hope we can count on your continued support as we make Boca Raton home.

I look forward to meeting you in the coming New Year. Go Owls!

Happy Holidays,

Charlie Partridge
Head Football Coach
Florida Atlantic University

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I think Mr. Partridge has said everything right so far.  I do not envy him the start of the 2014 schedule (at Nebraska – coached by the brother of Carl-what's-his-name – then at Alabama, coached by Lou Saban, if he hasn't gotten out of his contract extension and high-tailed it to Texas). But Mr. Partridge sounds like the kind of guy who will roll up his sleeves and get to work. As a native Floridian, I love his familiarity with the state. I plan to attend the Nebraska game, which is a mere 10 hours or so from our Denver home. It's barely nine months away….
Back to the top

grayowl said

I think Mr. Partridge has said everything right so far.  I do not envy him the start of the 2014 schedule (at Nebraska – coached by the brother of Carl-what's-his-name – then at Alabama, coached by Lou Saban, if he hasn't gotten out of his contract extension and high-tailed it to Texas). But Mr. Partridge sounds like the kind of guy who will roll up his sleeves and get to work. As a native Floridian, I love his familiarity with the state. I plan to attend the Nebraska game, which is a mere 10 hours or so from our Denver home. It's barely nine months away….
Posted On: Dec 17th 2013, 7:46 PM #324636

Lou? Red font?
Back to the top

Hope the entire press conference will be posted somewhere soon, from the intros to the finish. But thanks for what is here, glad to see it of course!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Hope the entire press conference will be posted somewhere soon, from the intros to the finish. But thanks for what is here, glad to see it of course!
Posted On: Dec 17th 2013, 9:06 PM #324684

It's posted on fausports.com.
Back to the top
Control functions: