Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Partridge's Staff

Coaching Search says Illinois State WR coach Dan Shula is joining the Partridge staff.  Yes, he's Don Shula's grandson.  Pretty cool that he'll get to compete for the Shula Bowl trophy.  First of what I'm sure will be many on this staff with South Florida roots.

http://www.goredbirds.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/shula_dan00.html
Back to the top

This sounds like a longshot, but I think Kenny Guiton of OSU would be a great pick for QB coach or some offensive coaching position. He is VERY highly regarded by his team and the players even call him coach for his leadership. As a backup QB he was named a captain on the team with the second most votes on the whole team… He will likely go undrafted and stands a good chance of being a leader for the staff… IMHO his best bet is to head the coaching direction, even though he shined when miller was out for a few weeks… And  f course he fits with the ties to OSU. :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Guest said

This sounds like a longshot, but I think Kenny Guiton of OSU would be a great pick for QB coach or some offensive coaching position. He is VERY highly regarded by his team and the players even call him coach for his leadership. As a backup QB he was named a captain on the team with the second most votes on the whole team… He will likely go undrafted and stands a good chance of being a leader for the staff… IMHO his best bet is to head the coaching direction, even though he shined when miller was out for a few weeks… And  f course he fits with the ties to OSU. :Big-Grin:
Posted On: Dec 17th 2013, 10:02 PM #324707

Would have to be a GA first…Graham Wilbert is more qualified
Back to the top

fauowls5455 said

Would have to be a GA first…
Posted On: Dec 17th 2013, 11:59 PM #324711

This is true. If you know him, advise him to take up a GA position to break into coaching. That seems to be the way everybody does it.
Back to the top

According to Dieter, Brian Wright is interviewing this morning at 7am.  Hopefully it goes well and we can retain Coach Wright.  
Back to the top

fauowls5455 said

Guest said

Posted On: Dec 17th 2013, 10:02 PM #324707

Would have to be a GA first…Graham Wilbert is more qualified
Posted On: Dec 17th 2013, 11:59 PM #324711

He was at the presser yesterday ready to meet coach Partridge, so it looks like he wants to stay as well.
Back to the top

Per Dieter, Jovan Dewitt has been retained.  Great news.  He is already keeping talent away from FIU!
Back to the top

I liked what Dewitt was doing with the defense, great run there as DC at the end of the season.

You have to think some of that 8am interview with Wright was to get his opinions on the staff as well.
Back to the top

Very happy to hear that. Our D was VERY solid and one of the best in the country.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

fauowls44 said

According to Dieter, Brian Wright is interviewing this morning at 7am.  Hopefully it goes well and we can retain Coach Wright.  
Posted On: Dec 18th 2013, 5:46 AM #324715

Yes, yes, yes!!!

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: