Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C/O 2015 RB Jordan Scarlett 4* commits to FAU...

Add topic

Holy Mother…..

Is THIS what having Charlie Partridge brings to the table?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Kid is a junior…there is a lot of time for his commitment to change.
Back to the top

That is true but you gotta imagine his biggest factor was following his headcoach to FAU. The kid obviously knows he won't have any broken promises or get jerked around in his recruitment when he has a guy he trusts on staff.
Back to the top

He is at University School…where our RB coach we just hired today currently coaches.  

While there is time for him to change, relationships matter.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Hopefully he sticks, but even if he doesn't, this will be a big boost for FAU recruiting.  Certainly starts the Charlie Partridge era off with a bang.  
Back to the top

Not to be picky...but don't you usually have to have an offer before you can commit?  Recruiting dead period...
Back to the top

Scout.com: Scarlett commits to FAU

Jordan Scarlett is likely the biggest commitment in Florida Atlantic history. Alabama, Florida State, Ohio State, Miami, and you name it, were all after the 4-star stud. Scarlett had been thinking about committing to the Owls this week and he made it official once Roger Harriott’s move to the staff became official.
“I gave him a call just to congratulate him on the job that he just got. We started talking more about how we were going to miss the old days and eventually it got in to what my plans are, what my parents were thinking. I talked to my mom, she told me it’s all on me what my decision is. Coach Harriott has made me the man I am today as far as a football player and person, so I wouldn’t mind being with him for the next four years,” Scarlett said.

“He was really excited. He just can’t wait for me to get up there so we can do what we’ve been doing all along.”

The 5-foot-11, 195-pound running back understands that he could be a program-changer for the Owls.

“That was a big factor in it too, we talked about how I could change the whole program around. I’m ready to take on that role and be a leader and accept that challenge,” he said.

“I think I bring a lot of power to the table with my size. I have a lot of speed too that people don’t know about. I’ll be able to help out with pass-blocking and run-blocking. Whatever the team needs, I’ll be there to help out.”

The Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) University School standout also spoke with head coach Charlie Partridge to tell him he wanted to play at FAU.

“He’s been recruiting me ever since he was at Wisconsin. When he went to Arkansas, we were still talking, so I’ve built a good relationship with him,” Scarlett said.

With Harriott leaving University School, several players are transferring to other high schools. Harriott built a powerhouse with the Suns and last year they won a 3A state title. Scarlett will be transferring, he isn’t sure where yet, but it will likely be St. Thomas Aquinas or Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage.

Scarlett adds he’ll be working on several of his teammates to join him with at FAU.

“I’m definitely going to be working on Sam Bruce, I’ve known him since we were little kids. I love that kid, we’ll probably end up together. Probably (Rashard Causey) too, and Deonta Fair,” he said. Stay tuned to Scout.com for the latest.

Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

Not to be picky...but don't you usually have to have an offer before you can commit?  Recruiting dead period...
Posted On: Dec 27th 2013, 5:17 PM #325182

Isn't it that they can talk over the phone and social media? You can extend an offer over the phone
Back to the top

Also, is this thread squished into the left-hand side of the page for everyone?
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Also, is this thread squished into the left-hand side of the page for everyone?
Posted On: Dec 27th 2013, 5:21 PM #325185

it is squished….I blame Scott Jackson!!   :Laughing:
Back to the top
Control functions: