Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

USA Today grades every team

FAU gets a…..

B-

Six FBS teams had A+ seasons

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Based on the kind of season we had I'd say that is fair. Winning one of those close games might have put us at a B. But then again we did double the number of wins from the previous season. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Yeah I also think this is fair. We dropped too many games to get a higher rating than even a B, to say nothing about B+.
Back to the top

I said at the beginning that 4-5 wins was going to be about right with bowl eligibility being a great season.

Thats worth about a B.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Not bad and it really does not matter but 7-6 Tulane got an A even though we dominated them here? I fully expect 8-4 or better next year guys!
Back to the top

IMHO, we exceeded expectations (which is what grading is all about) even with the miscues that prevented post season play.

Unfortunately those who write these things only look at the final number in a general sense when compared to the relative norm.

Assigned mark removed, if it were guaranteed that FAU would be 6-6 come 2013's close prior to the onset of play, believe that everyone who calls themselves an Owl would have been doing this:

Back to the top

2 Florida schools in the F spot and we were not one of them….I'd say that was an accomplishment in itself

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Rick said

IMHO, we exceeded expectations (which is what grading is all about) even with the miscues that prevented post season play.

Unfortunately those who write these things only look at the final number in a general sense when compared to the relative norm.

Assigned mark removed, if it were guaranteed that FAU would be 6-6 come 2013's close prior to the onset of play, believe that everyone who calls themselves an Owl would have been doing this:

Posted On: Jan 10th 2014, 9:14 PM #325943

+1 I didn't even look at it…these guys do NOT know the story behind the season, the improvement from 2011 and the turmoil at the end of the season.   This was an A+.
Back to the top

Yup for sure! WE finished strong and game wise would have been a much better bowl team pick for CUSA than Tulane or Rice.
But with Tulane movin on up to the ACC, best of luck to them. I think they are gonna get squashed like a bug, they definately have a QB problem and lose their RB and WR stars.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Yup for sure! WE finished strong and game wise would have been a much better bowl team pick for CUSA than Tulane or Rice.
But with Tulane movin on up to the ACC, best of luck to them. I think they are gonna get squashed like a bug, they definately have a QB problem and lose their RB and WR stars.
Posted On: Jan 11th 2014, 8:36 AM #325949
Agreed but they are moving to the AAC which I don't believe will be much if any better than CUSA next year.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: