Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU’s Road to Signing Day 2014: Offensive Line

Add topic

Reginald Bain

Offensive Line

The Skinny: While nothing recruiting-wise appeared to be stable during the coaching transition, the offensive line held together for FAU. The Owls currently have three linemen committed, which should ease the workload for new assistant coach Bart Miller. It would have been ideal to have added some junior college transfers for the spring semester, but the circumstances didn't allow for that. Thankfully, FAU returns seven lineman who have played in games last season, and a number of others who should be ready to contribute after redshirting. The Owls will be looking to add at least one more lineman before signing day.

Committed:

Joe Gold - South Fort Meyers (Fort Meyers, Fla.) - Gold originally committed to the previous coaching staff, but when Charlie Partridge was hired, the coach made it a priority to reach out to the three-star lineman. Gold projects as a guard, but could also develop into a center. He wavered briefly on his commitment during the coaching changes, flirting with both Furman and Wofford, but he remains solid to FAU. He will take his official visit on January 17th.

Reginald Bain - Miami Central (Miami, Fla.) - Bain (pictured above) played on a high school offensive line that featured four FBS prospects including himself. He helped pave the way for two star runnings backs, and won back-to-back state titles. Bain committed to FAU in the summer and has remained committed despite late interest from schools like Samford and Appalachian State.

Byres Hickman - Gainesville (Gainesville, Fla.) - Like Gold and Bain, Hickman has been a long-time FAU commit. He has the size to play tackle at 6-foot-5, 255 pounds, but will need time to physically mature. UAB had started showing interest in Hickman, but that faded when the Blazers’ head coach abruptly jumped ship. Hickman will visit FAU on January 17th.

Targets:

Siffo Pierre - Taravella (Coral Springs, Fla.) - Pierre is the type of prospect that Patridge has been known to find in South Florida. With offers from Marshall and Middle Tennessee State, Partridge was recruiting Pierre to Arkansas because he saw something that others didn’t. The 6-foot-4, 315-pound guard was one of the first offers Partridge extended when arrived at FAU, and Pierre will visit campus on January 17th.

Ryan Crozier - St. Thomas Aquinas (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.) - A three-star prospect, Crozier was all but Houston-bound until the Cougars endured some staff changes. He’s been in recent contact with Partridge and is in the works of setting up an official visit. Crozier recently toured Samford, and is also hearing from Syracuse. He's from the same school as Austin Bland, who signed with FAU last year.

Quincy McKinney - Hutchinson C.C. (Hutchinson, Ks.) - There have been rumors that McKinney could take an official to FAU, but that doesn't appear likely to happen. The three-star junior college prospect has visits set to both N.C. State and East Carolina, meaning the Owls are already facing an uphill battle.

Others to Watch:

Bill Weber (Coppell, Tx.); Montrell Frei (South Fort Myers, Fla.); Evan Pumphrey (Imperial, Ca.).
Back to the top

Andrew I don't know where you find the time for this but thanks it's fantastic.

I love that both Pierre and Crozier are visiting the same weekend as Hickman and Gold.

Time keeps on slippin' into the future
Back to the top

I am pretty sure one of these guys did early enrollment. Reginald Bain if I am not mistaken. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

I am pretty sure one of these guys did early enrollment. Reginald Bain if I am not mistaken. 
Posted On: Jan 15th 2014, 10:54 AM #326153

You are correct, Bain is enrolled and taking classes.
Back to the top
Control functions: