Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UAB new HC?

Add topic

Back to the top

It is official, he is the new UAB HC and his team at JSU ran the ball almost 2 to 1 over passes. His D could not stop decent FCS programs , always allowing over 400 yards to them. Did very well vs. weaker teams though. Definately a big step down from McGee whom bailed on the program after just two poor years.
Back to the top

Maybe they truly are giving up on their football program. It has been, and continues to be, extremely difficult to make any kind of progress at UAB under the oppressive rule of the Alabama legislature.
Back to the top

Sadly, it's the definition of a dumpster fire up there. And this years recruiting class I'd imagine will be bleak for them which only makes it harder for them to crawl out of the hole
Back to the top

The best news I see for them is he has local coaching history and did pretty well as HS HC, the S. Bama DC and in his one year ar JSU. We shall see. They do REALLY need out of Legion Field into something like ours but that Bama controlled legislature just won't fund it.
To me, with all of their strength being in the medical education field I am a bit surprised they don't just go with a MAJOR fundraising drive with donors from the medical field ($$$) and alums, even Birmingham businesses, they do have civic pride. Seems like they could do what we did with ZERO help from the state. Bypassing the selfish Bama alums. They need to!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I am a bit surprised they don't just go with a MAJOR fundraising drive with donors from the medical field ($$$) and alums, even Birmingham businesses, they do have civic pride. Seems like they could do what we did with ZERO help from the state. Bypassing the selfish Bama alums. They need to!
Posted On: Jan 25th 2014, 9:35 AM #326918

I thought they had raised the seed money for a new stadium but the state wouldn't let them get a bond. I could be wrong.

Back to the top

We all feel that Clark is a huge improvement over McGee. Several UAB administrators, donors, and local media also didn't like McGee as a person. 11 wins is a nice number at Jax State but I'm not going to judge the man based on 1 season. USA's defenses were pretty good when he was there.

UAB has started a $1 billion fund-raising campaign and some of that money is allocated to improve football facilities. New practice field and football offices are needed even more desperately than an OCS.
Back to the top

Out of a BILLION $ you can't split of 1/10th of that ($100M) for an on-campus stadium AND upgrade the other football facilities? AND do it no matter what your State Board of Regents says! The mere fact that Bama supporters are holding it all back should tell you how inportant it is!

Good luck with the plan though, hope you can pull it off!
Back to the top

Great medical school and Graeme McDowell means boosters with deep pockets! 

But $1b is a crazy amount of money!
Back to the top

teambeer said

Great medical school and Graeme McDowell means boosters with deep pockets! 

But $1b is a crazy amount of money!
Posted On: Feb 1st 2014, 9:16 AM #327323

Go big or go home.

There are a number of universities shooting for the billion mark: BU, Texas Tech, I think (new Prez) John Kelly mentioned Clemson was just coming off of one.

FAU is ripe for another Capital Campaign and with the right people and the right plans I think they could be very successful.

Good luck to UAB. If they can raise the money and knock the Bama supporters out of the equation, they should.
Back to the top
Control functions: