Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2014 C-USA Composite Football Schedule

Add topic

2014 C-USA Composite Football Schedule

***Dates Subject to Change
Back to the top

How does FIU get eight home games ?
Back to the top

I believe that they had 7 scheduled this year and then UCF had to move their game to another year, so FIU had an open date that they filled with a 2nd FCS game (which turned out to be Wagner).  That's good since they get a home game, but also bad since only one of those games counts toward bowl eligibility and will likely result in a small crowd.  

Still, I can't wait until next year when we can finally get 6 home games.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

How does FIU get eight home games ?
Posted On: Feb 12th 2014, 6:17 AM #327945

WOW!!!!  Their schedule is ridiculous!

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Too bad they suck AND they lost thier starting QB (transfered to FCS Valdosta St.) AND their recruiting class was so so. Key is game one, lose or get embarassed by BC again and....
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Too bad they suck AND they lost thier starting QB (transfered to FCS Valdosta St.) AND their recruiting class was so so. Key is game one, lose or get embarassed by BC again and….
Posted On: Feb 12th 2014, 10:07 AM #327948
That doesn't change the fact that their schedule is so much better than ours for next year.  I get why we were doing it when we had no stadium, but the old regime really screwed up when creating these future schedules years ago.  There was no vision.  They were pure money grabs with no eye on building a fan base and that is disappointing.  Is the extra few hundred thousand dollars in the bank worth it in the long run if you don't play a home game until you are already 0-2?  I mean, who starts the season with back-to-back road games at Nebraska and Alabama?  Having 2 FCS games makes no sense (although not really FIU's fault since one of those game should have been at UCF), but it's still better than starting out 0-2.

It will start to get better in 2015 when we only have road OOC games scheduled at UF and at Tulsa with UM at home. Pat Chun has said the goal is at least 6 home games, so I would assume the 4th OOC game will probably be a FCS school since nothing has been announced yet.  
Back to the top

Two million $$$ games is a lot of money with a stadium debt to pay. Yes the FIU schedule is better than ours and yes they did a better job of scheduling vs. more winnable programs like Louisville. We did play them once but did not set up a home and home or even a UM type 1 home - 2 away deal.

I would love a home schedule of 4 conference games, 1 out of state BigBoy program (attendance AND more winnable at home - bring their bands  too, we have to get band to that level too), 1 UCF or USF (UF or FSU maybe too - long, long shots I know) (attendance and winnable - ditto band) each year and 1 FCS program (FAMU or Bethune preferably for attendance and very winnable - great bands too). Bump up that college gameday atmosphere through the present day roof - that will also help bring casual and even serious football fans back on a REGULAR basis! Have the bands (home and away) play pre game AND halftime, ENTERTAIN the fans more!

Get us to not 6 but 7 home games with the 4 CUSA away games plus 1 pay day ($$$) BigBoy away game (but preferably not as their open season opener when they are more pumped up).
Back to the top

Fauowls44,

Not necessarily, although FAMU still owes us a home game so having their band come down would be fun for homecoming would be awesome(and it would probably be the only game that gets us in 20k attendance range.

I would suspect Georgia Southern and App State might be looking for home and home games.  
Back to the top

Cant blame the schedule on the current administration. As 44 said they were hadicapped since these were so far in advance. Pat Chun and Coach Partridge I think know what we need to do going forward.

OOC wise

1 Body Bag (Cash is always a good thing) Away
2 Winnable FBS (AAC, SBC, MWC, MAC, Lower Tier P5) Preferably both home
1 FCS Home

Then whatever the confrence gives us.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

It seems like Angelos was so desperate to fill out schedules that we signed too many deals with no home game returns, as in the case with the SEC teams. Hence we're perpetually away for most of the season.

It doesn't help to build a home fanbase, it's true, but at the same time it's not like we can schedule a Wagner or FAMU and earn the same amount as we would playing away.

Although FIU has 8 home games this season, their attendance is worse than ours and they may not make much money after all. You can look through the pictures attached to this Miami Herald article to see exactly what I mean.

And FAU at FIU is close enough that one could argue we basically have 6 "home" games… close enough.
Back to the top
Control functions: