Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

VIDEO: Marquan Botley Drains Game Winner at UTEP 02-13-14

Add topic

Back to the top

Put it in full screen mode for best viewing.

Also, listen to the guy's comment @ :15.

:Laughing:
Back to the top

Look at the UTEP basketball fans and arena.  I am jealous.  It shows how far away we are in terms of building a basketball program.  And it shows how big of a win this is.
Back to the top

I guess winning a national championship does bring in the contributions.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Look at the UTEP basketball fans and arena.  I am jealous.  It shows how far away we are in terms of building a basketball program.  And it shows how big of a win this is.
Posted On: Feb 14th 2014, 11:30 AM #328208

If we lived in an area like El Paso…our arena would be packed too!  That was a quality win last night…way to go OWLS!!
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

fauowl said

If we lived in an area like El Paso…our arena would be packed too!  That was a quality win last night…way to go OWLS!!
Posted On: Feb 14th 2014, 12:01 PM #328210

We have been using that cop out for so long…even for football.  There is so much going on down here, we cannot possibly find 5 days a year to give to football so I know there is way too much going on for basketball  :Big-Grin: We are a very busy society down here!  

But we all have plenty of time to read the forum during work. haha.  Maybe we should schedule games during working hours…then we may have something!!  :Winking:
Back to the top

That's a pretty impressive atmosphere. 
Back to the top

That really was a miraculous shot. 9 times out of 10 you wouldn't make that, especially since he was covered by… think they said the guy was 6'11? But he was in the zone all night so why wouldn't he think he could make it? And he did.

Heres a good video of it, see it ~1:34.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Tim FAU98 said

fauowl said

Posted On: Feb 14th 2014, 12:01 PM #328210

We have been using that cop out for so long…even for football.  There is so much going on down here, we cannot possibly find 5 days a year to give to football so I know there is way too much going on for basketball  :Big-Grin: We are a very busy society down here!  

But we all have plenty of time to read the forum during work. haha.  Maybe we should schedule games during working hours…then we may have something!!  :Winking:
Posted On: Feb 14th 2014, 12:48 PM #328211

I know we have beat this discussion to death but there really is a lot to do in S.Florida and it does effect the attendance but the main item that effects attendance down here is winning.  With no tradition at FAU (yet) if you don't win nothing else matters, period.

These guys are fighters but most people just look at the win/lose columns and decide based on that, that is just the way it is.  It would be nice to see a solid student turnout for the next home game against Tulsa.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Also, I don't buy the "we have too much to do in South Florida" argument. Never have. This isn't Orlando.

I do buy the argument that FAU is considered to be "small time" and that the university hasn't been able to build a strong connection to the community so that Boca residents feel like FAU is THEIR team.

(Yes, there are people in the Burrow nearly every game with no connection to the school, they just like college basketball and got into FAU, but it's still not enough to sell out the Burrow more than once a year)

The former we can't do much about (since we can't up and change conferences any time we want) but the latter we can do a lot with.
Back to the top
Control functions: