Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU handing out 2015 offers

Add topic

Shawn Burgess-Becker

It's been busy a recruiting-wise for FAU. Charlie Partridge and company have handed out double-digit offers for the Class of 2015, and that number is growing by the day. With already four verbal commitments for the class, FAU is trying to make a push before the spring evaluation period begins in a few months. Here's a breakdown of who's been offered over the last few days…

Shawn Burgess-Becker - ATH Monarch - Becker holds offers from just about every major college program in the country, so it’s almost startling to see FAU wait this long to offer a four-star prospect that goes to school just 13 miles away from campus. Burgess-Becker (pictured) was hanging out with Miami coach Al Golden Wednesday night at the ‘Canes basketball game, so it’s safe to say: move along, nothing to see here.

Riley Nicholson - LB Osceola - Nicholson is a three-star linebacker who has already visited campus twice. He’s a tad undersized at 6-foot, but is exceptional in open-field tackling. Nicholson holds offers from Minnesota and Southern Miss, but FAU looks like they could be in the drives seat if he visits for one of the junior days.

R.J. Harris - OG North Florida Christian - Harris could play on the offensive or defensive side of the ball in college, and holds offers from Cincinnati, East Carolina and Troy. FAU has had success in the Panhandle the past few years, so it wouldn’t be a surprise if they made a run at the three-star lineman.

Tarrick Thomas - OT Lincoln - Thomas has already been offered by both Alabama and Georgia Tech, so FAU is a little late to the party. It would a win for Partridge and the staff  if they were able to get Thomas on campus just for an unofficial visit.

Marques Ford - DE East Bay - The three-star pass rusher picked up four offers on Thursday, and FAU was one of them. Wake Forest, Georgia Southern and Army also extended bids, and you gave to wonder if former FAU defensive coordinator Jovan Dewitt is Ford’s primary recruiter at Army.

Jordan Griffin - LB Armwood - UCF appears to be the leader for Griffin, but that didn’t stop FAU from offering the three-star linebacker on Thursday. Griffin holds a 5.1 GPA, and plays for one of the state’s top defenses.

Sawyer Dawson - LB Plant City - FAU was the second school to offer Dawson, after Illinois offered the prospect last week. Dawson is a hybrid-linebacker that could play safety in college. He is also being recruited by some schools for baseball.

Antonio Howard - CB Miami Northwestern - Howard took an unofficial visit to campus last week and was offered during the trip. FAU already has a cornerback committed in the class in Herbert Miller, but is looking to add more. Howard could be the next in line.

Darion Staten - CB Lake Wales - Staten was offered by both FAU and UCF earlier in the week. He’s undersized, but has the potential to be an effective  zone cornerback.

Nate Ferguson - CB Freedom - The third cornerback to land an offer this week, Ferguson might be the most talented of the bunch. The three-star was offered by South Alabama the summer before his junior season, but hasn’t seen much other interest until now.

Jay Harris - WR St. Thomas Aquinas - Harris was offered  by assistant coach Roger Harriot on Friday. The  5-foot-11 Harris, projects as a slot wide receiver and holds additional offers from Northern Illinois and Illinois. He has ties to Harriot, which is only a good sign.
Back to the top

Go get 'em Coaches and I am SO GLAD to see we have FINALLY raised our sights and are now going after even 4* recruits! Best of luck owl Coaches!

Instead of the old days of getting two or three 3* recruits and the rest 2* or less, we need to start recruiting 2 or 3 4*'s with the VAST majority of the remainder 3*!
Back to the top

It's just refreshing  and confidence building to know and see that our coaches are working at their craft every day.  This is how it is done. With HARD WORK. Few people succeed without busting their tails. I have always said that it is easier to forgive a lack of success ,when you know the person has given it everything they have. We have the right people in place to succeed. I know their hard work will pay off.
Back to the top

FAU has offered Dwyer quarterback Daniel Parr. http://t.co/lboG5kyXm7

— Andrew Ivins (@andrewrivins) February 21, 2014
Back to the top

Great work.

only one thing…I hope your take and Charlie's are not the same here:

"Burgess-Becker (pictured) was hanging out with Miami coach Al Golden Wednesday night at the ‘Canes basketball game, so it’s safe to say: move along, nothing to see here"

I have respect for what Miami's program has done, but we have a program here at FAU to sell.  

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Two new offers out in the Miami area. Norland S Carlton Davis and Central DE Fermin Silva both claiming offers. Silva was committed to Marshall for a mere 23 hours earlier this week, before he decided to decommit. That's recruiting in one sentence.

Back to the top

Andrew said

Silva was committed to Marshall for a mere 23 hours earlier this week, before he decided to decommit. That's recruiting in one sentence.

Posted On: Feb 22nd 2014, 3:20 PM #328638

:Yawn:   :Yawn:   :Yawn:
Back to the top

Well let's hope that means he would like to stay closee to home and play. Two 3 stars on 24/7, nice to see these offers. To me, if programs like Marshall and WV and Va Tech and N.Il and Toledo and W. KY are offering, we should too, basically automatically!
Back to the top

Temple CB commit Adrienne Talan, RB Maxwell Joseph, LB Chris Hart, DE Marlon Jackson and WR LaDante Harris all offered over the past few days.

Back to the top

CB Freedom - The third cornerback to land an offer this week, Ferguson might be the most talented of the bunch. The three-star was offered by South Alabama the summer before his junior season, but hasn’t seen much other interest until now.

I do believe this guy was the opposite for Vernon Hargreaves, and finally had his first season as the number one CB in 2013. I think he will get some more looks as his senior year goes on.

I love dropkicks and fat guy touchdowns.

Twitter: @jakobsansom
Back to the top
Control functions: