Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU baseball Vs. the Pros

Add topic

I know this time of year many college baseball teams play a game Vs. a pro baseball team at the start of spring training.
Has FAU ever played a pro team and if not why its hard to believe a good baseball program could fin a team to play in a state that has about 16 spring training teams. 
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Has FAU ever played a pro team…
Posted On: Feb 25th 2014, 4:19 PM #328798

Yes, played the St. Louis Cardinals in Jupiter.
Back to the top

Nice to get an annual game, especially an away AND home game say vs two different teams each year, nice draw to FAU then too! S. Florida minor league and MLB fans would flock to campus for that!
Back to the top

Not sure if its common knowledge but the cardinals spring training is on the same campus as the honors college for FAU. Id love to see FAU. and st.louis play
Back to the top

I did not know that, actually have very little knowledge of the other campuses (I did know of the downtown Ft. Lauderdale tower and the Davie location at the old BCC-Central campus). I looked up Jupiter on Google Earth for the first time. Not bad and a VERY nice baseball stadium there.
Seems to be a natural to play a home and home with the Cardinals every year. No travel expense and would bring thousands to the Boca campus. Maybe FAU can even get the Cardinals owners to help with stadium improvements for naming rights or something? We gotta be creative and there is SO MUCH $$$ in Palm Beach County we have to tap into it even just a little bit!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Nice to get an annual game, especially an away AND home game say vs two different teams each year, nice draw to FAU then too! S. Florida minor league and MLB fans would flock to campus for that!
Posted On: Feb 25th 2014, 5:40 PM #328803
 :Laughing: You think an MLB team is going to step one foot into FAU Stadium?  You think they want their players dressing in the pool locker room and walking over to the stadium?  Not a chance.  FAU shouldn't even have to play there, let alone a MLB team.  Besides, none of these MLB teams play any of these exhibition games at the schools…the schools travel to the spring training facilities.  
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Feb 25th 2014, 5:40 PM #328803

:Laughing:  You think an MLB team is going to step one foot into FAU Stadium?
Posted On: Feb 26th 2014, 9:59 AM #328861

No chance!!  Even the Florida Gators refuse to step one foot into FAU baseball Stadium.  That's why we play them up in Jupiter at times…
Back to the top

Yeah the Jupiter stadium is really nice. Have been there a couple of times for cards game.
Back to the top
Control functions: