Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

graduation question

Add topic

Does anyone know why they haven't moved the graduation ceremony to the on campus stadium? I think they could increase the ticket amount for students to at least 6.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Does anyone know why they haven't moved the graduation ceremony to the on campus stadium? I think they could increase the ticket amount for students to at least 6.
Posted On: Feb 25th 2014, 8:05 PM #328841

Just an opinion, but the lack of AC would probably be a big contributor as most of the ceremonies occur when it is  hot.

I mean the Spring (May) and Summer session (August) ceremonies would be brutal in formal attire…
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Posted On: Feb 25th 2014, 8:05 PM #328841

Weather would be one issue
Back to the top

Forget the weather, how about ALL of the colleges graduations going at once, it'd take 12 hours, they're brutal enough in small groups!
Back to the top

Graduated outdoors in '79 and we lived through it (last one to cross stages and receive degree - beleive it or not!). But gotta admit, there were less of us in '79.
Back to the top

I wasnt talking about all the colleges at once, but like they are doing it now. Im justiwondering why they havent done it.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

I wasnt talking about all the colleges at once, but like they are doing it now. Im justiwondering why they havent done it.
Posted On: Feb 26th 2014, 9:02 AM #328860

Because it's 100 degrees…they don't want people coming to the ceremony in shorts and flip flops.  I understand what you are saying, more seats for family members, but people complain about a football game at noon on September…a May and August graduation isn't much different.   December maybe…but it's South Florida, it can rain at anytime even during non-rainy season.
Back to the top
Control functions: