Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2014 Spring Football Discussion Thread

Add topic

Owlshak said

How about the red chrome Helmets?

Posted On: Mar 17th 2014, 2:59 PM #330033

What about them??
Back to the top

Back to the top

Oh man, football is in the air!!

I'm so torn over these scrimmage games. I see a play-maker and a missed tackle at the same time haha.
Back to the top

Will be nice to see if Martese Jackson can get into the rotation this fall, he figures out the ball control thing and he'll be a great open field threat. I trust that's still him wearing #5
Back to the top

teambeer said

Will be nice to see if Martese Jackson can get into the rotation this fall, he figures out the ball control thing and he'll be a great open field threat. I trust that's still him wearing #5
Posted On: Mar 18th 2014, 7:14 AM #330043

Yes it is
Back to the top

Back to the top

got back from Boca a little while ago, and from what I saw of practice, leads me to believe this team has a shot this year if they can stay healthy. They are moving with intensity that the coaching staff brings, as well as hearing the defensive unit talk to each other to make the adjustments. LB core is a little thin, but the team is motivated. The only concern besides injuries and a o-line that has replace MJ, is the special teams. can we get a kicker who can make those kicks when needed too. Got to talk to Steven H of the staff, there has been some discussion of naming rights, but he went no further than that, as well hopefully trying new things for adversting for the upcoming season. Its Owl Time is pretty stocked up and so we stopped by there and got some stuff, shirt, flip-flops and a receipe book the boy-o wanted for some reason. Saw Coach Elifson as he stopped by the store. Cant wait for the spring game.
Back to the top

Today's release via SID Katrina McCormack:

Florida Atlantic University football has completed a week of spring work and is gearing towards its first scrimmage scheduled for 1 p.m. Saturday.

The day was filled with individual work, but probably the most interesting was the work done with special teams, the majority of which was done with no ball.

Jaquez Johnson opened the team drills with a 15-yard connection with William Dukes. He followed up a few plays later by hitting Alex Deleon 30-yards down field. Linebacker Freedom Whitfield then stopped the run in ones versus ones. Johnson gave way to Greg Hankerson who found DJ Juste for a short gain.

“I’m extremely happy with the progress we have made,” said Roc Bellantoni, FAU’s defensive coordinator in his first assessment this spring. “We have a long way to go and thankfully, we don’t play a game for six or seven months. We will get there. I really think their attitude is great.”

FAU will host an open scrimmage at 1 p.m., Saturday, Mar. 22
Back to the top

Back to the top

Okay, So.. I guess we are pretty set at the Skill Positions. I have not been looking up as much as I would like, How are we looking in the trenches?
Back to the top
Control functions: