Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pelini Maintains Innocence in Sports Illustrated Article

Pelini says that during Florida Atlantic's bye week in October, he took Rekstis, Rekstis' wife and the couple's children to Key West for a 36-hour trip. "It was a family trip," Pelini said. He said Edwards, who is married, and Stewart traveled to Key West separately, and it was through interactions with them on the trip that Pelini suspected they were in an inappropriate relationship.

Former Florida Atlantic coach Carl Pelini speaks out, denies drug use
Back to the top

And OJ is innocent.  :Smug:

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

OJ was found not guilty in front of millions
Back to the top

hair follicle testing?  isn't he bald? and it was done in mid January…months after the allegations.   :Thinking:
Back to the top

I was wondering when this would surface again and I'm not surprised he's been blacklisted. Fair or not, this is going to take some time to blow over. Owl in training has a point: a negative drug test would have been more convincing when it happened.

So I don't believe either party is 100% innocent but now both sides are out there and employers can make what they want out of it.

Back to the top

Guest said

OJ was found not guilty in front of millions
Posted On: Mar 26th 2014, 4:59 PM #330304

And your point is…

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Yahoo Sports and Dr. Saturdays report on it;

Former Florida Atlantic coach Carl Pelini further denies illegal drug use | Dr. Saturday - Yahoo Sports

Sad anything at all happeneed and at a bad time for team. Now not only his life but that of his staff were thrown amuck too! Glad to hear his daughter still is at FAU and hope she is left alone to enjoy her time in school and become an FAU alum!
Back to the top

Just for some fun trivia, you can use almost any hair on the body for a drug test.  Since he was bald they probably used armpit hair.  That is a slow growing hair that is not replaced as often as those on your head.  I had to give an armpit hair for a drug test at a store once.  They used that since the lab could detect certain drug traces up to 1 year back.  

As far as Pelini, I'm not sure at this point what really happened but the guy did a pretty good job of putting his story out there without really badmouthing FAU and the way they handled it.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Yaaaaawwwnnnn....moving on, turning the page, closing the door, fat lady singing in the background.  What's done is done.  Good luck in your future endeavors.  Maybe enter the lecture circuit with that Manhattan basketball coach about doing dumb things that ruin great opportunities.
Back to the top

duder said

Just for some fun trivia, you can use almost any hair on the body for a drug test.  Since he was bald they probably used armpit hair.  That is a slow growing hair that is not replaced as often as those on your head.  I had to give an armpit hair for a drug test at a store once.  They used that since the lab could detect certain drug traces up to 1 year back.  

As far as Pelini, I'm not sure at this point what really happened but the guy did a pretty good job of putting his story out there without really badmouthing FAU and the way they handled it.
Posted On: Mar 26th 2014, 6:53 PM #330310

Bad mouthing FAU would be like being in an interview and telling the interviewer why your previous boss sucks and the job sucked, doesn't go over well when you are looking for a new position.

Don't try to defend ths moron, he screwed up and he is paying the price.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: