Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Potential Head Coaching Candidates to Replace Jarvis

Add topic

owl2Doc said

OwlBroker said

we are already losing some kids as it is…
Posted On: Mar 25th 2014, 2:33 PM #330279
?

Recruits or current players?

fauowls44 said

Moton certainly has an impressive resume. Looks like he's done an outstanding job at NCCU.
Posted On: Mar 25th 2014, 3:01 PM #330282
+1
Posted On: Mar 25th 2014, 3:49 PM #330283

No idea about recruits, but current players is what I am speaking of. The players were told that their scholarships were not guaranteed for next year, which as we know is technically always the case, but that coupled with no new coach to say yea or nay to keep them here, you have to realize that many are looking  at other options. As we know the lat thing we need is more transfers out of the program, but it is going to happen at least on a small scale, hopefully it won't be too many.
Back to the top

This was the case with the football team too, and the only guys that needed to worry we're guys that weren't fitting into the system or producing.

Botley, Raff, Penn, Johnson; those guys produce, they don't have to worry. No new coach is going to come in and boot the best point guard we have, unless there are other issues. I don't blame the other role players considering it though.

I will say this to those guys, look at Martese Jackson before you decide to  head for the hills. Things can change for the better with a new coach too. He was 5th on the depth chart last season and now could be our starter!
Back to the top

I started a thread on the CUSA board about this rumor. Since there are a lot of Charlotte and ECU guys on there to see what they think of the possibility. So far pretty good reviews.

Levelle Moton possible HC for FAU baskeball?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Send them over here as well…don't see a link in the post.

:Winking:

Back to the top

Some that I've suggested in the past as up-and-comers:

Bob Hoffman
Brian Wardle
Gary Waters
Todd Kowalczyk
Greg Lansing
Brad Underwood

Of course, I suggested them in early February- now some of these are much more obvious: http://ninernation.net/index.php?topic=32516.150

Good luck to you guys.  Hope you snag a great one!
Back to the top

TribeNiner said

Some that I've suggested in the past as up-and-comers:

Bob Hoffman
Brian Wardle
Gary Waters
Todd Kowalczyk
Greg Lansing
Brad Underwood

Of course, I suggested them in early February- now some of these are much more obvious: http://ninernation.net/index.php?topic=32516.150

Good luck to you guys.  Hope you snag a great one!
Posted On: Mar 26th 2014, 5:00 PM #330305

Welcome to the forum TribeNiner!

Back to the top

Bob Hoffman- big win in tourney might put him out of reach…but he's the old man of this group….he's recruiting the south and Carolinas which is a plus

Brian Wardle- right age for us…looks to be a great lakes guy…not so hot for our kind of recruiting

Gary Waters- Cleveland State should have made the tourney this year…he has quite a few years on his contract….would be hard to get him out of there

Todd Kowalczyk- a bit old for what we are looking for….and also lots of years on his contract

Greg Lansing- Midwest guy….long time asst…dont see him jetting down here to coach though

Brad Underwood- older than I would like but potential here…has coached in Florida….his predecessor left SFA to go to Texas State….

I mean, if we're not going to go after a tireless young recruiter like Matt, then we should try to pry away Stan Jones from under Leonard Hamilton's wing….at least he understands the Florida recruiting situation from the northern end and the southern end….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Rice's hire;

VCU's Rhoades named Rice men's basketball coach - Yahoo Sports

Not bad for them!
Posted On: Mar 28th 2014, 6:10 PM #330338

Wow, that is a great hire, I am suprised he sees Rice as a step up enough to make the change.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: