Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Preview: 2014 FAU Pro Day

Nexon Dorvilus will try to prove he's a viable H-back.

What: FAU Pro Day

When: Friday, April 4th at 12:00 PM

Where: Tom Oxley Center and FAU Track & Field Complex

The journey to an NFL training camp starts Friday for 15 FAU alums.

FAU will host it’s annual Pro Day, just one day after NFL scouts flock to Coral Gables for Miami’s Pro Day.

The number of NFL organizations expected to be at FAU will be limited, as currently there are no players with a draft-eligible grade.

Cornerback Keith Reaser, who is the regarded as the top prospect, won’t participate in workouts following a second knee surgery.

That leaves just a few other players who could work there way into a undrafted free agent contract.

Nexon Dorvilus is rated as the 36th best tight end in the NFL Draft Class according to NFLDraftScout.com. Dorvilus has signed with an agent, and has spent the past month training at Athlete's Edge in Miami alongside St. Louis Rams safety Ray Ray Armstrong and wide receiver Stedman Bailey.

Dorvilus (pictured) knows that a low 40-yard dash time and the ability to do a variety of things in front of scouts will be key.

“I’m trying to do anything to get my stock up, I’ll do anything they ask me to do,” Dorvilus said. “I’m looking to primarily be more of a H-back or U-back and show my versatility, because that’s a strong suit that I have.”

Linebacker Randell Johnson, the 67th ranked outside linebacker by NFLDraftScout.com, will also be in the spotlight. However, he might be better suited as a pass rusher.

Running back Jonathan Wallace will go through drills, even though he hasn’t signed with an agent. He’s spent the past few weeks paying his own money to workout at a facility in Davie with wide receiver Daniel McKinney, tight end Darion Howard and center Mustafa Johnson.

Linebacker Mike Lockley, a 2011 FAU-alum, returns to campus after stints with both the Jacksonville Jaguars and the CFL’s Montreal Alouettes.  Lockley has been training for another chance at professional contract after being cut by the Alouettes last summer.

A familiar face will be throwing passes to Dorvilus and others. Ex-FAU quarterback and current Director of Player Personnel Jared Allen will serve as the Pro Day's quarterback. The Owls didn't have any senior quarterbacks graduate and couldn't find any small school signal callers, so Allen volunteered his arm.

Others expected to participate: Kicker Mitch Anderson, running back Damion Fortner, linebacker Adarius Glanton, defensive end Corey Henry, safety Jeremy McKnight, defensive tackle Kayvon Sherrill, offensive tackle Deandre Williams and defensive end Martin Wright.
Back to the top

30 NFL teams at Miami today, 27 at FIU. We'll see how many stick around for tomorrow.
Back to the top

I would imagine most would just from an economic standpoint. ESPNWestpalm article said former Pahokee great Nukesse Richardson would be at pro day as well. That might bring some of them out.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Randell Johnson via Dieter:

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: