Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Potential Head Coaching Candidates to Replace Jarvis

Add topic

Back to the top

The NCAA season ends tonight.    Last week we heard 2 names, Moton and McCall.  Both are readily available right now, so hopefully we have a coach by the middle of the week.
Back to the top

Per Jeff Goodman of ESPN on Twitter, former NBA player and Pistons Head Coach Michael Curry is "in the mix" at FAU.

So we are up to 4 known reported candidates: OSU assistant Dave Dickenson, UF assistant Matt McCall, NCCU HC Levelle Moton, and now Curry.  Certainly an eclectic group of candidates.  A wide range of experience and backgrounds.
Back to the top

Things seem to be heating up.

Jeff Borzello from CBSSports.com tweeted a few minutes ago that Curry is currently on campus at FAU and is the front runner for the job.

Also, for NBA Exec Stu Jackson tweeted over an hour ago congratulating Curry on the job.  Maybe, we have already hired him, maybe not, but seems like this search is going to wrap up quickly.  
Back to the top

And now Rich Morrow has tweeted "S/O to our new coach Michael Curry!"

I'm thinking we have our new coach.  
Back to the top

Marquan Botley tweeted that he has a new coach as well.  I'm taking this as confirmation.  

Welcome Coach Curry!
Back to the top

Not being a basketball guy, 1st thoughts on this hire from those who are?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

He has tons of basketball experience.  Certainly an impressive resume as former NBA head coach and a long time assistant.  No college coaching experience, although I'm sure his NBA credentials will help in recruiting.   
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

He has tons of basketball experience.  Certainly an impressive resume as former NBA head coach and a long time assistant.  No college coaching experience, although I'm sure his NBA credentials will help in recruiting.   
Posted On: Apr 7th 2014, 3:46 PM #330702

The NBA experience certainly helped Sydney Green and Isaiah Thomas!  Doesn't mean he won't be successful, but doesn't guarantee anything.
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

fauowls44 said

Posted On: Apr 7th 2014, 3:46 PM #330702

The NBA experience certainly helped Sydney Green and Isaiah Thomas!  Doesn't mean he won't be successful, but doesn't guarantee anything.
Posted On: Apr 7th 2014, 4:22 PM #330703

Thats what Im afraid of. Have to trust Mr. Chun.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: