Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Hires Michael Curry as New Head Coach

Add topic

Kevin Ollie is a former NBA player and he's doing ok at Uconn… That's all I got for now
Back to the top

Hopefully he can keep a few of the current kids that have one foot out the door from leaving, that will at least help in the apr going forward. Sounds like a few of the current players like him which is good!
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

The lack of conversation about this is pretty telling in how much lack of interest there is in the basketball program right now. 
Posted On: Apr 7th 2014, 8:21 PM #330718

Well, that and not really knowing what to make of the hire at this juncture.

Back to the top

OwlBroker said

Hopefully he can keep a few of the current kids that have one foot out the door from leaving…
Posted On: Apr 7th 2014, 10:36 PM #330729

Do they have better opportunities elsewhere? If they do, God Bless them in their departure.

The NCAA system is broken; as choice of schools sheerly over emotionally driven motives are now rampant.

No one should be penalized for transfers who leave with a GPA of 2.0 or better. It's the kid's choice, and no fault of the institution; unless actions of misconduct and detriment can be proven.

Back to the top

Rick said

OwlBroker said

Hopefully he can keep a few of the current kids that have one foot out the door from leaving…
Posted On: Apr 7th 2014, 10:36 PM #330729
A

Do they have better opportunities elsewhere? If they do, God Bless them in their departure.

The NCAA system is broken; as choice of schools sheerly over emotionally driven motives are now rampant.

No one should be penalized for transfers who leave with a GPA of 2.0 or better. It's the kid's choice, and no fault of the institution; unless actions of misconduct and detriment can be proven.

Posted On: Apr 7th 2014, 11:17 PM #330731

Agreed, not sure about better oops, just some felt they were left hanging and told schollys were not guarantee etc, so obviously some made contingency plans already, hopefully he can reign them back in.
Back to the top

OwlBroker said

…some felt they were left hanging and told schollys were not guarantee etc, so obviously some made contingency plans already, hopefully he can reign them back in.
Posted On: Apr 7th 2014, 11:21 PM #330732

That would be better than then actually wanting to leave actually, because FAU is in no position to deny scholarships at this point.

All aboard…

Back to the top

This is definitely an off the radar hire….his age is good….not thrilled with the lack of recruiting experience….I like that he's a defensive minded coach…..I mean, Syd was the only guy to take us to the tourney and we showed up for that game….this is gonna be interesting, but I'm a little disappointed we didn't go after an ace recruiting assistant…ie Partridge…

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

This is definitely an off the radar hire….his age is good….not thrilled with the lack of recruiting experience….I like that he's a defensive minded coach…..I mean, Syd was the only guy to take us to the tourney and we showed up for that game….this is gonna be interesting, but I'm a little disappointed we didn't go after an ace recruiting assistant…ie Partridge…
Posted On: Apr 8th 2014, 9:30 AM #330736

Partridge has a job!
Back to the top

Rick said

OwlBroker said

…some felt they were left hanging and told schollys were not guarantee etc, so obviously some made contingency plans already, hopefully he can reign them back in.
Posted On: Apr 7th 2014, 11:21 PM #330732

That would be better than then actually wanting to leave actually, because FAU is in no position to deny scholarships at this point.

All aboard…

Posted On: Apr 8th 2014, 8:23 AM #330733

You would think so but that was nit what the kids were told, so several looked elsewhere, at least one is definitely gone at this point. I think there was just poor communication to the players and families from what it sounds like.
Back to the top

And i don't get the "punishment for the players transfering elsewhere wich we have expeinced A LOT under the past Coachinf staff. If they quit school that is one thing but I don' see Kentucky ever in this "punishment" of losing post season play when A MINIMUM of 3 freshman leave early for the NBA draft every year. I know they are "getting a job" but to me they are still quitting school  for that job. Their graduation rate is awful by definition as those kid's have NO INTEREST OR INTENT on finishing college AND THE COACHES AND ADMINS KNOW THIS when they recruit them. Heck, they barely take classes there (only need 1st semester grades to play and don't even finish 2nd semester classes) knowing they are one and done!
Back to the top
Control functions: