Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

VIDEO: Curry's thoughts on FAU basketball

Add topic

Courtesy Dieter Kurtenbach
Back to the top

Courtesy Dieter Kurtenbach
Back to the top

Chun, President, and Curry opener…

Back to the top

Coach Curry seems like a nice guy and great role model for the guys but not sure on his basketball acumen. If I'm playing for him, I'd be optimistic about the change anyway.
Back to the top

Well, one winning season in six (five in the Friggin Belt!) is not gonna be too hard an act to follow I don't think. Go get 'em Coach Curry, welcome to FAU! Recruit like heck and Coach like heck, take these Owls into the Tourneys (NCAA preferably!).
Back to the top

352Owl said

Coach Curry seems like a nice guy and great role model for the guys but not sure on his basketball acumen. If I'm playing for him, I'd be optimistic about the change anyway.
Posted On: Apr 8th 2014, 8:13 PM #330757

Not sure on his basketball acumen?  That's just silly.  He's an 11 year NBA veteran, long-time assistant coach under Doug Collins and Flip Saunders, and an NBA head coach.  They don't give those jobs to just anyone and you don't get those jobs without having good basketball acumen.

You can certainly question his lack of college coaching experience if you want, but you can't question his knowledge of the game of basketball.
Back to the top

From what I've seen so far, this is a good hire. We won't know for sure until the season comes up. He seems to be well known. I've asked a few guys up here who follow basketball if they ever heard of hime and they all said yes. From is speech, I think parents will like him. Who wouldn't want their son to be well rounded in academics and athletics.

I like where Chun is taking the whole athletic dept.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

352Owl said

Posted On: Apr 8th 2014, 8:13 PM #330757

Not sure on his basketball acumen?  That's just silly.  He's an 11 year NBA veteran, long-time assistant coach under Doug Collins and Flip Saunders, and an NBA head coach.  They don't give those jobs to just anyone and you don't get those jobs without having good basketball acumen.

You can certainly question his lack of college coaching experience if you want, but you can't question his knowledge of the game of basketball.
Posted On: Apr 9th 2014, 9:30 AM #330760

I thought the exact same thing when I read that but was going to just let it go.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I guess I wanted more of an elaboration on his thoughts on the team. Nothing really jumped out at me to think that we landed a special guy. Also, yes, he's an 11 year veteran but lets address the 800 pound gorilla in the room… 11 years in the NBA with as many teams. His longest gig was an assistant coach that lasted a personal best of 3 years.

Maybe I'm outta line here but there's nothing wrong with a question, folks. GO OWLS.
Back to the top

352Owl said

I guess I wanted more of an elaboration on his thoughts on the team. Nothing really jumped out at me to think that we landed a special guy. Also, yes, he's an 11 year veteran but lets address the 800 pound gorilla in the room… 11 years in the NBA with as many teams. His longest gig was an assistant coach that lasted a personal best of 3 years.

Maybe I'm outta line here but there's nothing wrong with a question, folks. GO OWLS.
Posted On: Apr 9th 2014, 9:20 PM #330767

I think the issues you presented above are valid I just think you phrased it wrong initially.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: