Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ADT Stadium hopefully?

Add topic

Let me try to add some clarity and temper everyone's enthusiasm.

While there is desire for ADT to name the stadium and/or field, this latest meeting was more likely relationship building.  Both organizations have had key personnel turnover recently.  FAU has introduced a new football coach and more importantly, a new president that is keen on building a capital campaign.  ADT has recently hired some new people in marketing and replaced the CMO.

All of the prior people have been key in the relationship so it serves a number of purposes for this meeting to take place.

Will there be an ADT Stadium or ADT Field in the future?  Possibly.

Will there be one in the short term?  My best guess is no.  ADT missed their numbers reported in January suffering close to a 30% loss in value in a single day and are set to report Q2 numbers on April 30th.  I don't see anything being inked until after the close out and reporting of Q3.

There are a number of reasons why I do not see this happening which I am not at liberty to discuss or put in writing.  However, I most certainly can be wrong considering I will not be stroking the check.
Back to the top

sigep77 said

I will not be stroking the check.
Posted On: Apr 13th 2014, 8:30 PM #330872

Wish you were the one stroking it because then I know this would get done sooner!  :cool:
Back to the top

Thanks Sig, I was hoping you might provide some more insight.

Im sure the situation is always fluid and one can hope. We REALLY need a name on the stadium and a local, large company like ADT fits the bill. I would love Office Depot as well, but I know they just had a huge merger so I'm sure there budget is thin as well.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Hey guys. New to the forum and I'm impressed with the support y'all give our owls. I'm a class of 2013 grad studying law at Nova Southeastern University on scholarship and still wearing all my fau tees to class haha… In regards to the stadium name, I'd really like to see Hooters step up and take the naming rights! 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Hey guys. New to the forum and I'm impressed with the support y'all give our owls. I'm a class of 2013 grad studying law at Nova Southeastern University on scholarship and still wearing all my fau tees to class haha… In regards to the stadium name, I'd really like to see Hooters step up and take the naming rights! 
Posted On: Apr 14th 2014, 9:37 AM #330879

Welcome to the Nest! Glad to have another Owl on board. Hope you got your season tickets already!

If I may also suggest making the Confrence USA message board a favorite as well so that you can keep track of all the Owls opponents.

CSNbbs - CUSAbbs

Back to the top

owlfamily said

LawOwl said

Welcome to the Nest! Glad to have another Owl on board. Hope you got your season tickets already!

If I may also suggest making the Confrence USA message board a favorite as well so that you can keep track of all the Owls opponents.

CSNbbs - CUSAbbs
Posted On: Apr 14th 2014, 10:30 AM #330880

Law doesn't allow time for season tix but I'll definitely be at the home opener vs Tulsa haha
Back to the top

LawOwl said

owlfamily said

LawOwl said

CSNbbs - CUSAbbs

Law doesn't allow time for season tix but I'll definitely be at the home opener vs Tulsa haha
Posted On: Apr 14th 2014, 10:36 AM #330881

Good enough, and best of luck at law school. Any particular branch you are going after?

Back to the top

owlfamily said

LawOwl said

owlfamily said

LawOwl said

CSNbbs - CUSAbbs

Posted On: Apr 14th 2014, 10:36 AM #330881

Good enough, and best of luck at law school. Any particular branch you are going after?

Posted On: Apr 14th 2014, 10:40 AM #330882

I intern at the Palm Beach County DA's office so I'm looking to be prosecutor some day hopefully in Broward or Palm Beach! Gotta keep Owl Nation safe! 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

If you thought the whacko's had a problem with naming the stadium after a private prison company…wait to see the storm the feminist on campus would create if Hooters' got involved!  
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

LawOwl said

If you thought the whacko's had a problem with naming the stadium after a private prison company…wait to see the storm the feminist on campus would create if Hooters' got involved!  
Posted On: Apr 14th 2014, 11:36 AM #330885
Didn't even think about that but you're probably right. I just think that it'd be cool to see the Owls at Hooters Stadium
Back to the top
Control functions: