Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Hires Michael Curry as New Head Coach

Add topic

GeorgiaOwl said

but I don' see Kentucky ever in this "punishment" of losing post season play when A MINIMUM of 3 freshman leave early for the NBA draft every year.
Posted On: Apr 8th 2014, 3:40 PM #330748

They don't count it against the school if they go to the NBA.  It is one of those rules created for the big programs so the rich can get richer.

I agree, transfers shouldn't matter.  What should matter are athletes not graduating and/or flunking out–if it is truly about academics, which of course, it is not.  

Back to the top

I kinda figured something like that, thanks for updating me on the rich get richer style rules which have nothing to do with staying in school and completing your education, kinda the entire gist of the INTENT of the rule actually though! :Smug:
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

Silver_Bullet32 said

This is definitely an off the radar hire….his age is good….not thrilled with the lack of recruiting experience….I like that he's a defensive minded coach…..I mean, Syd was the only guy to take us to the tourney and we showed up for that game….this is gonna be interesting, but I'm a little disappointed we didn't go after an ace recruiting assistant…ie Partridge…
Posted On: Apr 8th 2014, 9:30 AM #330736

Partridge has a job!
Posted On: Apr 8th 2014, 9:41 AM #330737

…lol…he does….I meant a coach in that mold….kinda disappointed to hear Matt was passed up….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Back to the top

Good, that is getting to decent money for CUSA. Moving up in the world costs and I am glad  the AD and admins are finally addressing this!
Back to the top

Rick said

Posted On: Apr 15th 2014, 10:26 PM #330929

+1 that seems like a nice bump up for the assistants.  Good to see that commitment to the program.  

Now we will see what other program improvements can be made to move this thing in the right direction.  I am told they are no longer going to charge for parking. Another good move IMO.  Get people in the building!  

Which brings us to the next needed improvement: concessions.  We cannot get first-time fans in the building and make them stand in a ridiculous line for sodas and hotdogs.  Most won't come back.  This is something that doesn't cost much to fix.  The fan experience has to improve and I think they will do something about it as well.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

fauowl said

I am told they are no longer going to charge for parking. Another good move IMO.  Get people in the building!
Posted On: Apr 16th 2014, 7:58 AM #330931

Brilliant!

Back to the top

fauowl said

Rick said

Posted On: Apr 15th 2014, 10:26 PM #330929
+1 that seems like a nice bump up for the assistants.  Good to see that commitment to the program.  

Now we will see what other program improvements can be made to move this thing in the right direction.  I am told they are no longer going to charge for parking. Another good move IMO.  Get people in the building!  

Which brings us to the next needed improvement: concessions.  We cannot get first-time fans in the building and make them stand in a ridiculous line for sodas and hotdogs.  Most won't come back.  This is something that doesn't cost much to fix.  The fan experience has to improve and I think they will do something about it as well.

Go Owls!!
Posted On: Apr 16th 2014, 7:58 AM #330931
Even though I did not mind paying the $5 I know most people did and it just didn't seem worth it.

Couldn't agree more on the concessions, every time we had a decent crowd the line would stretch to the front doors.  I would listen to them complain the entire time, not good for repeat business.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Not sure how you would go about fixing the concession problem at the Burrow.  The space is so limited.  It is a problem though that they must address (although the best solution is a new venue, that isn't happening anytime soon).  Perhaps having vendors walk through the crowd would alleviate the problem…or even setting up another area just outside the front doors.  Hopefully we draw enough fans next year for this to be an issue they need to solve.  
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Not sure how you would go about fixing the concession problem at the Burrow.  The space is so limited.  It is a problem though that they must address (although the best solution is a new venue, that isn't happening anytime soon).  Perhaps having vendors walk through the crowd would alleviate the problem…or even setting up another area just outside the front doors.  Hopefully we draw enough fans next year for this to be an issue they need to solve.  
Posted On: Apr 16th 2014, 9:36 AM #330934
Just putting a hotdog cart that also sells bottles of soda and water…on the other end of the lobby would probably reduce the line by quite a bit.

They should know what combinations of products sell the most.  Do those items in another location as well or just outside the door if space is needed.  It doesn't have to be an elaborate new concession stand, just anything to reduce that line.

Vendors walking around is a great solution as you stated.
Back to the top
Control functions: