Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stephen Curtis no longer with FAU football team

Quarterback-turned-backup-long-snapper Stephen Curtis announced on his Facebook page Monday, that his football career at FAU has ended. Curtis, a redshirt-senior and former three-star recruit, started the 2011 season opener against Wagner at quarterback, before being relegated to the bench in favor of Graham Wilbert. He later changed positions last season but sparingly saw the field on special teams.

Curtis finished his career with 154 yards of total offense in ten games. Senior Joe Fisher is expected to handle the Owls' long-snapping duties for the second straight season.

Back to the top

Is he done with football altogether or transferring?

I imagine this wasn't exactly how he saw his college career turning out. It's unfortunate but it happens :/
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Is he done with football altogether or transferring?

I imagine this wasn't exactly how he saw his college career turning out. It's unfortunate but it happens :/
Posted On: Apr 14th 2014, 8:12 PM #330899

85 scollys, another 20 walk-ons but only 24 starters (kickers included). Which is why I don't really get any 3 star going to a BigBoy school to "most likely" and "probably" and even "likely" to be buried on the depth chart forever with little chance of breaking through to the field. Best of luck to ya Stephen, always be an Owl!
Back to the top

Stephen is graduating in June with a Business Finance degree.  He is looking for a job if anyone has a position available.
Back to the top

Guest said

Stephen is graduating in June with a Business Finance degree.  He is looking for a job if anyone has a position available.
Posted On: Apr 16th 2014, 2:19 PM #330942

I highly suggest in this environment he stay in school and work on his MBA, coming from a fellow FAU grad with a  Finance Degree.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Go t

dusky256fc said

Guest said

I highly suggest in this environment he stay in school and work on his MBA, coming from a fellow FAU grad with a  Finance Degree.
Posted On: Apr 16th 2014, 3:24 PM #330943

Do you have an MBA?
Back to the top

owlmart said

Go t

dusky256fc said

Guest said

Do you have an MBA?
Posted On: Apr 16th 2014, 8:10 PM #330946

That was the plan but I did not get my MBA.  I will say my finance degree has served my very well and I would not be in the position I am in in my life if FAU was not there for me.  

I just made the statement because it is tough for new grads right now and if you can get that MBA you will not regret it but it is not a requirement to a great career and a good life.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

owlmart said

Go t

dusky256fc said

Guest said

Do you have an MBA?

That was the plan but I did not get my MBA.  I will say my finance degree has served my very well and I would not be in the position I am in in my life if FAU was not there for me.  

I just made the statement because it is tough for new grads right now and if you can get that MBA you will not regret it but it is not a requirement to a great career and a good life.
Posted On: Apr 16th 2014, 9:36 PM #330947

Thanks, just curious.  I have a Master's and it has proven beneficial just wondering about the benefit of an MBA since they seem a bit costlier than other Master's programs.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

owlmart said

Go t

dusky256fc said

Guest said

Do you have an MBA?

Posted On: Apr 16th 2014, 9:36 PM #330947

I think the same can be said for many Bachelor's degrees today Dusky. We're entering an age where BA's and BS' s are becoming obsolete. I wish Stephen all the best! Really thought he would have had a Tebow-ish role at FAU. Shame it never really worked out :/
Back to the top
Control functions: