Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pelini Lashes out at Chun on Nebraska Radio Station, Promises Lawsuit

Public lashes out at Chun today on Nebraska station KFAB:

"Ultimately, I think it boiled down to an athletic director who didn't hire me."

"We were making improvements. He came down there from Ohio State. He was their No. 1 fundraiser and made a lot of promises about money he was going to raise and changes we were going to make facilities-wise. He was not having a lot of success and we were growing as a football program. I think he wanted to hitch his reins to a new horse and get some credit for it and wanted to make a change."

"I trusted him. He looked at me over the desk and said, 'If you sign this paper, I will take care of you. I'll explain what went down. We want to be clear about why you resigned.' And then he wasn't. He went back on his word and it really disappointed me."

"Certainly I haven't been perfect and made a lot of mistakes. One thing I've never done is try to step on someone else to better myself or to better my situation. And I felt like that's what Pat Chun did."

"I think it is very important for me (to clear my name), so the options of litigation are still out there".

"On the way over here I spoke to my attorney again, and there will be legal action, it just don't think it will be against the University itself, it will be against some of  the people involved."

Back to the top

Yawn.. :Yawn2:
Back to the top

Something about that situation still doesn't add up.  I just can't understand why Pelini would sign the resignation paper if claims he didn't do anything wrong.  You would think he would have fought those allegations, instead he signed the paper and then decided to fight it a week later.    Perhaps Chun did want to bring in his own guy, but he couldn't possibly wanted it badly enough to pin drug allegations on his current coach.  His story just makes very little sense.
Back to the top

He says he is suing. We shall see...
Back to the top

I was wondering when this would come around again.

Have to wonder if the other Pelini is going to want to pound us extra hard and run up the score as revenge for what we did to his brother.
Back to the top

I have no first-hand knowledge of the particulars, but I can speak to some general points about cases such as this. 1. Anyone can sue anyone and claim anything but winning is another story; 2. Plaintiffs sometimes re-think their eagerness to sue when their attorneys make it clear that they, too, likely will be questioned under oath (and under penalty of perjury, a criminal offense); 3. For those of us on the outside looking in and wanting to know the details of what happened, I can see some value in getting all parties under oath (and penalty of perjury) and letting the lawyers fire hard questions in every direction. That, my friends, could be quite interesting.
Back to the top

I feel bad for the guy...maybe we shouldn't have fired him.

My favorite line "I wrote a book, its fiction...about my life!"  NICE!
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

I was wondering when this would come around again.

Have to wonder if the other Pelini is going to want to pound us extra hard and run up the score as revenge for what we did to his brother.
Posted On: Apr 18th 2014, 1:42 PM #330983

We are winning that game!!!!
Back to the top

Sure, whatever you say Carl..

Back to the top

All I can say is "pass the dutchie to the left hand side!"  I'm a believer in Partridge!!!!! 

Go Owls!!!!  Just saying!  Looking forward to 2014 and New Leadership!!!!!!!!! 
Back to the top
Control functions: