Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owl Fingers now "Owls up"?

Seeing this used a lot from Coach Partridge, Pat Chun and others. And even saw a tweet to President Kelly asking it to get refered to as Owls Up officially.

I think its fine and does flow better then "Owl Fingers". Easier to say and catchier sort of like "Hook em Horns"

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I like it, reminds me of direction. Really works on a few levels…"Owls Up" as in FAU moving up…or "Owls Up" in reference to a specific game/score. I'll use it, lol.
Back to the top

I like it too, very positive sounding!
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Seeing this used a lot from Coach Partridge, Pat Chun and others. And even saw a tweet to President Kelly asking it to get refered to as Owls Up officially.

I think its fine and does flow better then "Owl Fingers". Easier to say and catchier sort of like "Hook em Horns"
Posted On: May 4th 2014, 9:35 AM #331244

Yep! Great stuff.

Obviously the term "Owl Fingers" can't be replaced as "Owls Up" because the former is a noun and the latter is a call for action. But if people are tweeting a picture of themselves doing the hand sign or whatever, sure, use #OwlsUp, absolutely.

There has been a TREMENDOUS amount of positive energy from the football staff lately. It started with Wright's #HoldTheRope and exploded under Partridge with #WinToday and everything else.

Couldn't be more happy that FAU finally got a handle on social media. President Kelly doing a live tweet with students, then a selfie during the graduation ceremony… two things right there that Saunders would have never done.

When we talk about FAU moving forward on the various fronts… this is what it means. We are moving forward.
Back to the top

+1 doc, don't know if you had yah pleasure of witnessing an MJ graduation while she was here,but Dr Kelly is a night n day difference, the guy is very engaging. The selfie move this graduation was great and actually well timed!
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

owlfamily said

Posted On: May 4th 2014, 9:35 AM #331244

Yep! Great stuff.

Obviously the term "Owl Fingers" can't be replaced as "Owls Up" because the former is a noun and the latter is a call for action. But if people are tweeting a picture of themselves doing the hand sign or whatever, sure, use #OwlsUp, absolutely.

There has been a TREMENDOUS amount of positive energy from the football staff lately. It started with Wright's #HoldTheRope and exploded under Partridge with #WinToday and everything else.

Couldn't be more happy that FAU finally got a handle on social media. President Kelly doing a live tweet with students, then a selfie during the graduation ceremony… two things right there that Saunders would have never done.

When we talk about FAU moving forward on the various fronts… this is what it means. We are moving forward.
Posted On: May 5th 2014, 1:46 AM #331273

They both seem like call for actions unless I'm misinterpreting something but they are both hand signs… but I'm no grammar expert
Back to the top

owlmart said

They both seem like call for actions

Yeah it's not a big deal. Depends on the interpretation. Point is, something good is happening.

Back to the top

owl2Doc said

owlmart said

They both seem like call for actions

Point is, something good is happening.

Posted On: May 5th 2014, 9:33 PM #331282

Agreed
Back to the top

At first, I wasn't much of a fan. Now, I LOVE the idea of Owls Up instead of Owl Fingers; in fact, Owls Up should be expanded into more than just a call to action. Owls Up should be our Roll Tide, War Damn, Hook 'Em, Scalp 'Em, Pig Sooie, etc… It should be our battle cry. A motto amongst alumni, students, faculty, the community, and of course the student athletes, to not just put up the "Owl Fingers" but to strive and fight to raise FAU above all other universities, academically, athletically, and in every since possible. When I visited Auburn this past football season, I saw first hand of what a community turned family, looked like. The rallying cry amongst all Auburn faithful was simply "War Damn." In every sentence they used it to signify that they're all it together. I feel something like "Owls Up" has a great opportunity to be our rallying cry yo show that we are all one family, without sounding unoriginal and corny.
Back to the top

Jack David Whidden III said

At first, I wasn't much of a fan. Now, I LOVE the idea of Owls Up instead of Owl Fingers; in fact, Owls Up should be expanded into more than just a call to action. Owls Up should be our Roll Tide, War Damn, Hook 'Em, Scalp 'Em, Pig Sooie, etc… It should be our battle cry. A motto amongst alumni, students, faculty, the community, and of course the student athletes, to not just put up the "Owl Fingers" but to strive and fight to raise FAU above all other universities, academically, athletically, and in every since possible. When I visited Auburn this past football season, I saw first hand of what a community turned family, looked like. The rallying cry amongst all Auburn faithful was simply "War Damn." In every sentence they used it to signify that they're all it together. I feel something like "Owls Up" has a great opportunity to be our rallying cry yo show that we are all one family, without sounding unoriginal and corny.
Posted On: May 6th 2014, 5:02 PM #331289

+1

love it!!
Back to the top
Control functions: