Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Email from "Howard" on alumni list about Barbara Schmidt

I have now received two e-mails sent by FAU promoting Schmidt's book. Today's e-mail was supposedly from Howard. If they spent this time promoting football, perhaps we would have some more butts in seats. So how much did it cost to buy FAU's marketing department?
Back to the top

Lago said

So how much did it cost to buy FAU's marketing department?
Posted On: May 13th 2014, 8:44 PM #331382

Look around campus…the Schmidt name is everywhere, including the scoreboard and there is your answer.  If you don't like how sausage is made, stay out of the kitchen.
Back to the top

I am good with it, their family has done a TON for FAU , including the football stadium.

Maybe this is a sign that marketing at FAU is improving and joining the 21st century!

I hope her book does well and Go Owls!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I am good with it, their family has done a TON for FAU , including the football stadium.

Maybe this is a sign that marketing at FAU is improving and joining the 21st century!

I hope her book does well and Go Owls!
Posted On: May 14th 2014, 7:12 AM #331385

Couldn't agree more.

Not sure why there would be an issue here, this is how the world turns.

Just buy the darn book Lago, maybe we will get the palm trees back on the scoreboard!  :Big-Grin:

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

this is how the world turns.
Posted On: May 14th 2014, 11:46 AM #331388

+1

Agreed.  

We should have statues of the Schmidt Family on that campus for everything they have done…so an email or two or 1000 doesn't bother me at all.
Back to the top

This doesn't even come close to what we owe that family. This is the least FAU could do for them. What a generous family !
Back to the top

Schmidt family aside, Lago has a legitimate point about better use of our alumni email listserv to get more people to games.
Back to the top

Well it is not game time, I hope they will use this come football season to encourage better game attendancce at football. In fact, year round use for ANY athletic or on-campus event - athletics or academics or arts!
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Schmidt family aside, Lago has a legitimate point about better use of our alumni email listserv to get more people to games.
Posted On: May 14th 2014, 6:34 PM #331392

Couldn't disagree more!  Supporting the people who support the program is what it is all about.    

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Boy, talk about biting the hand that feeds you.  We should all be lined up to buy a copy of this book.  There are so few ways to say thank you to these benefactors that at least here is one way.
Back to the top
Control functions: