Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

College of Business Renovations plus updates on PG3/Breezeway

Add topic

Greetings Owl fans.

Swung by campus the other night to see what was happening (the place is dead because all the students have gone home for the holidays) and noticed the long-awaited Sean Stein Pavilion has finally been…

Read more

Parking Lot renovation

@owl2Doc,

I drove through FAU today and noticed the huge parking lot by the Office Depot center (and the alumni center parking area) is being renovated.  Do you know what they are doing? Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere.  

It may just be resurfacing, but they sure do have some huge piles of gravel in there so I didn't know if something else is going on.

Thx
Back to the top

The lot is being turned 90 degrees, similar to lot 4 by the College of Medicine. The entrance to the garage changed the location of the north entrance to the lot which made for a clunky time getting in and out. Add the one way streets into the mix, and the flow needed to be updated.

This large lot in front of Business and Education used to be a two lane lot (Lot 6 by Business and 9 by Education) with one way streets, the major east-west road on the north side of campus (Lee Street) and a one way (westbound) lot 7 which was on the north side of Lee Street. When North University Drive opened, the street and three lots were combined into what we know as lot 7 with one way streets, intersections that didn't line up and my favorite, the single parking space next to the intersection separated by the island because…  well why not.

The large piles were the remnants of the Boca Raton Army Airfield taxiway buried underneath our old parking lot and street.
Back to the top