Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Message From Coach Cooney

Add topic

Passing along an email from Coach Cooney-he cant seem to log in for some reason.

Hey Chris:
Thanks for your kind words here and at sebaseball.com. It’s been my pleasure to have gotten to know you over the years, and I thank you for your friendship and support of all things FAU- but particularly baseball.

Would you pass on a couple of thoughts to our friends in the Owls’ Nest? I have tried unsuccessfully to log on to the board.
First…my neighbor found an ipod at the base of the right field hill on Sunday. It had “Big Mac” ‘s ipod on it. If one of our rowdy college fans lost an ipod Sat or Sun email me here at fau.

Second…To all of you who were kind enough to have posted comments about my resignation- Thank You!
There were many nice sentiments expressed and I want you all to know they were most appreciated. I will miss the people in the FAU community very much. Most of you are faceless to me because of the internet and you all being lost in the “huge crowds” at our games, but I have always been glad that there were people who cared.

Next…The timing of this announcement really came down to me wanting to be open and honest with players, coaches, recruits, and fans. I wanted to look into the stands and hills for the last time and have everyone who looks back realize how I feel about them. There was no thought to use this as any motivational trick- I don’t believe in tricks. (well, maybe the occasional stumble play, or fake intentional walk) It was just the right time. I hoped it wouldn’t negatively affect our players, and it didn’t. They seemed the same as usual. I also made it clear that they were playing to win THEMSELVES a championship- not win one for the Gipper! I don’t believe in that either.

Lastly…We have a chance. Our official RPI released the other day is 57. If we win the New Orleans series and sweep ASU and FIU, we would need Monroe to lose their last two series against Troy and USA.  And we are regular season champions. Then we play wdeep it to the SBC Tournament and who knows? It could happen, but it comes down to this weekend in the Crescent City. We may be getting Troyanowski back but Morrison looks doubtful. But we’ll give it our best. Trust me.

PS…For all those wondering about Storey…join the club. The short version of the prevailing theory is that he has been reluctant to throw consistently w/ max effort. After an injury, the athlete always has reinjury on his mind. Friday he was determined to let it go. It took till the fifth, but he flashed four innings of the old Storey. I hope it’s there Friday. The kid has seen his dreams fall to shreds but he’s trying to battle through it. Root for him.

That’s it for now. Keep a good thought for these guys. They are great kids and trying hard. Our pitchers have failed, but success may be right around the corner. As Bruce would say, “Faith will be rewarded”.

KC
Back to the top

Re: Message From Coach Cooney

A real class act.  When is the appointment with the sculptor?

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Can they please make a sculpture already!!!!
Back to the top

FAUALUM2005 said

Can they please make a sculpture already!!!!

As Rick would say…

+1

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Time to come out of retirement, Coach.  Please.
Back to the top

Message From Coach Cooney

hoot4fau said

Time to come out of retirement, Coach.  Please.
Posted On: May 21st 2014, 9:47 PM #331664

You are ridiculous!!!!  We had the year we had last year and this year we stumble a little and you post this, I hope youmeant to use red font.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: