Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Alternative proposal for FAU home game themes

Regarding the theme schedule of:

Sept 13 (Tulsa) FAU Pride Day
Sept 27 (UTSA) Parent & Family Weekend
Oct 18 (W. Kentucky) Emergency Personnel Day
Nov 1 (UAB) Homecoming
Nov 29 (Old Dominion) Military Appreciation Day

With all due respect, these themes are pretty boring. I suppose it's a necessary evil but we're not doing ourselves any favors. And every home game is technically FAU Pride Day.

We need to have two things going on to ensure attendance; one for general attendance (like Emergency Personnel Day) and one for student attendance. We want the students to be excited about the game on multiple levels.

For instance, imagine if it was:

Sept 13 (Tulsa) Military Appreciation Day / Armed Forces Costume Contest
Sept 27 (UTSA) Parent & Family Weekend / Key West Theme
Oct 18 (W. Kentucky) Emergency Personnel Day / Halloween Costume Contest
Nov 1 (UAB) Homecoming / 90's Music Theme
Nov 29 (Old Dominion) Senior Sendoff / Human Bowling

"Senior Sendoff" is where the senior students (general student body, not just the players) are invited down onto the field to take pictures and do several forms of bowling (to allude to our team possibly going bowling in the postseason of course):

That way students make a ton of memories spending their last game down on the field.

And then each year the themes would change a little bit (except the Senior Sendoff/Human Bowling, which could be a new tradition) so you'd also have, say, Safari theme, Wild Wild West theme, Zombiewalk (for an October game, obviously), craft beer festival, "Boca Eats" festival, local arts show, etc.

Maybe have a "Greek Golf" event where each Greek organization creates a miniature golf hole and the community comes out to play them before/after a game (the holes can be setup either inside or outside the stadium) Hootin', what do you guys think about that?

There's a lot of potential here.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Regarding the theme schedule of:

Sept 13 (Tulsa) FAU Pride Day
Sept 27 (UTSA) Parent & Family Weekend
Oct 18 (W. Kentucky) Emergency Personnel Day
Nov 1 (UAB) Homecoming
Nov 29 (Old Dominion) Military Appreciation Day

With all due respect, these themes are pretty boring. I suppose it's a necessary evil but we're not doing ourselves any favors. And every home game is technically FAU Pride Day.

We need to have two things going on to ensure attendance; one for general attendance (like Emergency Personnel Day) and one for student attendance. We want the students to be excited about the game on multiple levels.

For instance, imagine if it was:

Sept 13 (Tulsa) Military Appreciation Day / Armed Forces Costume Contest
Sept 27 (UTSA) Parent & Family Weekend / Key West Theme
Oct 18 (W. Kentucky) Emergency Personnel Day / Halloween Costume Contest
Nov 1 (UAB) Homecoming / 90's Music Theme
Nov 29 (Old Dominion) Senior Sendoff / Human Bowling

"Senior Sendoff" is where the senior students (general student body, not just the players) are invited down onto the field to take pictures and do several forms of bowling (to allude to our team possibly going bowling in the postseason of course):

That way students make a ton of memories spending their last game down on the field.

And then each year the themes would change a little bit (except the Senior Sendoff/Human Bowling, which could be a new tradition) so you'd also have, say, Safari theme, Wild Wild West theme, Zombiewalk (for an October game, obviously), craft beer festival, "Boca Eats" festival, local arts show, etc.

Maybe have a "Greek Golf" event where each Greek organization creates a miniature golf hole and the community comes out to play them before/after a game (the holes can be setup either inside or outside the stadium) Hootin', what do you guys think about that?

There's a lot of potential here.
Posted On: May 22nd 2014, 1:29 PM #331675

These themes for the games are direct towards the general public.  We have secondary themes as well, but again all of the themes that we put out to the public directed towards them, the general public. We use the themes to target specific groups to get them out to a game.  For instance, FAU Pride Day is direct towards to faculty and staff, where we will offer something to all faculty and staff who come out to the game, that normally don't. We cannot have too much going on when we send out information, such as: Oct 18 (W. Kentucky) Emergency Personnel Day / Halloween Costume Contest. This would look very cluttered on the ticket brochure and if the Halloween Costume Contest is direct towards the students, the general public does not need to know that, only the students do. This also why no one sees any of the secondary themes we have. We have them and are reaching out to the groups, but they are not the main focus of the day.

I like the enthusiasm towards the students with getting them involved with the games. So if I were you, I would get in touch base with Student Government and/or Greek Life and see what their thoughts are each theme day for the students.  I am sure that they are already working towards things for each game.  

Yes, these theme days might seem pretty "boring", but they are created to get specific groups that might not come to the games come out on their "special day".  

More than happy answer any further questions or go into further detail on anything.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

We will be down there for Homecoming and our beatdown of UAB! Go Owls!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

We will be down there for Homecoming and our beatdown of UAB! Go Owls!
Posted On: May 22nd 2014, 8:28 PM #331679

Awesome! Give us a call in the Ticket Office so we can get you the best seat for the game and save you some money as well. The tickets for single game do not go on sale until 1 month before the game.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

We got ours last year though the ticket office and had great seats for the Tulane Homecoming VICTORY and the start of our late season run.

Gotta admit everyone (especially the younger students sitting there so they could drink) was VERY nervous after the 1st half of that game. And I told 'em (too much skepticism I must add) that the 2nd half and the adjustments the Coaches made would dictate the future of the program! To be cool and see what happened. Well, what a DOMINATING 2nd half against a 6-2 Bowl Eligible team!

We sat in the Hyndai "deck" area and really enjoyed ourselves, we will want basically the same, but for three, bringing my 8 year old grandduaghter this year. She is a HUGE Owl fan and this will be her 2nd game at FAU stadium! We even have an FAU pennant hanging in the halls of her Elementary school! Very cool no?
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

We got ours last year though the ticket office and had great seats for the Tulane Homecoming VICTORY and the start of our late season run.

Gotta admit everyone (especially the younger students sitting there so they could drink) was VERY nervous after the 1st half of that game. And I told 'em (too much skepticism I must add) that the 2nd half and the adjustments the Coaches made would dictate the future of the program! To be cool and see what happened. Well, what a DOMINATING 2nd half against a 6-2 Bowl Eligible team!

We sat in the Hyndai "deck" area and really enjoyed ourselves, we will want basically the same, but for three, bringing my 8 year old grandduaghter this year. She is a HUGE Owl fan and this will be her 2nd game at FAU stadium! We even have an FAU pennant hanging in the halls of her Elementary school! Very cool no?
Posted On: May 23rd 2014, 3:42 PM #331683

Awesome! Just give a call or swing by like last season and we will get you all set for the game.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: