Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Brandin Bryant tweets knee cleared

FAU defensive tackle Brandin Bryant tweeted Wednesday that he has been cleared for “all activity” following ACL surgery. The news comes after Bryant injured his knee in the season finale against FIU in November. The recovery would put Bryant a little bit ahead of schedule, as most ACL tears take at least a full six to seven months to return to normal function after an operation.

Bryant was a Conference USA All-Conference Honorable Mention last season. He is the Owls’ top returning pass rusher with 5.5 careers sacks, and is expected to anchor the interior of the line.
Back to the top

That is really great news for our D line. He should still take more time and just get in shape before pushing it. But I know if the Drs. saidit is ok , it is ok.
Back to the top

I agree with LocalOwl Brandin, just rehab it more til fall camp opens. I went though a totally torn rotator cuff shoulder surgery, and wish I had more time to rehab it but Workmans Comp kinda bites! Get it strong!

Also, any word on Nick Internicola and his transfer from Rutgers, would love to ad him to the DL mix too! This team has a solid shot at 8-4 or even 9-3 this year!
Back to the top

I think his twitter might answer your question
Back to the top

Can't stress enough how huge this is.
Back to the top

Jack David Whidden III said

Posted On: May 27th 2014, 11:09 PM #331705

You mean about Internicola transferring or both?

Always glad to have another three star guy on our team, although that's fortunately not much of a rarity anymore  :cool:
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Jack David Whidden III said

Posted On: May 27th 2014, 11:09 PM #331705

You mean about Internicola transferring or both?

Always glad to have another three star guy on our team, although that's fortunately not much of a rarity anymore  :cool:
Posted On: May 28th 2014, 12:22 AM #331710

He means Bryant. Internicola will likely have to sit out a year. D line is one of our weakest positions in terms of depth. Getting out top returning performer into good health is absolutely HUGE! 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

@NJOWL.. do you have info as to the results of his hardship request ? I thought that was what we were waiting on.  If that is turned down he will need to sit a year but not if it is approved. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Back to the top

Hardship requests have been a main crackdown recently by the NCAA, it is unlikely he will get it so do not keep your hopes up. He will lose a year but we will still have him for 3, which is more than you normall get with a juco transfer anyway. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: