Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

VIDEO: FAU's Rich Morrow in "What Moves You - The Court"

Add topic

Rich Morrow is on track to graduate in the fall, and may or may not return for another year. Some likely do not know, but he is a man of multiple skill sets, and shown in this nicely done promo he appeared in for How We Move this past week:

Back to the top

Wow, REAL NICE VIDEO!
Back to the top

That's a promo video for a real estate company?
Back to the top

teambeer said

Posted On: Jun 6th 2014, 10:12 AM #331859

How We Move began as an activewear and accessories company based in South Florida but more specifically watches with interchangeable faces like what he is wearing in the video.

Trying to become the next Nike and with a great advertising team I would say. VERY impressive video!
Back to the top

teambeer said

Posted On: Jun 6th 2014, 10:12 AM #331859
Haha howwemove.com
Back to the top

Just so you guys don't think I'm crazy, I clicked the link in the lede and it went to a real estate website! I was pretty impressed that the company went so meta on their "moving" commercial.

Now for another question…can Morrow do a commercial and keep his eligibility?
Back to the top

teambeer said

Posted On: Jun 7th 2014, 7:48 AM #331870

I believe student-athletes are not allowed to do endorsements.  The way things change these days, that may have changed but I don't think so.

I get student-athletes in The Store every day, and I was told (by compliance–yes, I checked first) I could not take a photo and facebook it because it could be deemed an endorsement. I usually take a photo and then can post it after their eligibility is finished.
Back to the top

fauowl said

teambeer said

I believe student-athletes are not allowed to do endorsements.  The way things change these days, that may have changed but I don't think so.

I get student-athletes in The Store every day, and I was told (by compliance–yes, I checked first) I could not take a photo and facebook it because it could be deemed an endorsement. I usually take a photo and then can post it after their eligibility is finished.
Posted On: Jun 7th 2014, 8:00 AM #331871

…and I also think that unless this company is an official sponsor and got permission to do this, they will be getting a cease & desist order.  The use of the images of Florida Atlantic Basketball on the jersey and the image of the Big sign driving into the University should not be used without permission.  Maybe they got permission. Don't know.
Back to the top

fauowl said

fauowl said

teambeer said

…and I also think that unless this company is an official sponsor and got permission to do this, they will be getting a cease & desist order.  The use of the images of Florida Atlantic Basketball on the jersey and the image of the Big sign driving into the University should not be used without permission.  Maybe they got permission. Don't know.
Posted On: Jun 7th 2014, 8:31 AM #331872

Morrow just became ineligible in my opinion…and why would FAU allow the use of university images for a competitor in the housing markets since they have rooms they want filled on campus.  They are not looking to facilitate people wanting to live off campus.
Back to the top

fauowl said

fauowl said

teambeer said

Posted On: Jun 7th 2014, 8:31 AM #331872
Would the company filming him in on-campus facilities not have had to get pre-approval from the University for them to film this commercial?
Back to the top
Control functions: