Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Scout.com article about FAU FAB 15

Add topic

Back to the top

Great article. This is it gentlemen. We're about to enter the golden age of FAU football. 
Back to the top

I hope so. And I hope we can keep up this recruiting strength.

You have to give the Fab 15 success a slight asterisk because Scarlett, Causey and (I believe) Archer were at U School where Harriott coached, right? So it was easier to recruit these guys because you literally just worked with them and how could you as a player be any more comfortable with a new coaching staff than you are with the coach you just spent years with? That's the uphill battle all these schools face in flipping these guys away from us.

But once the coaches are displaced from that a little while, even next season, will we still be able to get the same level of guys… that remains to be seen.

If we CAN get these guys to sign and we do start becoming a midlevel power somehow, then yes it will be easier to sell the brand instead of familiarity with the coaches. And we need to get there before Partridge leaves for greener pastures (if his head coaching is as good as his recruiting and PR abilities).

Back to the top

REAL nice article, very cool!
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

You have to give the Fab 15 success a slight asterisk because Scarlett, Causey and (I believe) Archer were at U School where Harriott coached, right? So it was easier to recruit these guys because you literally just worked with them and how could you as a player be any more comfortable with a new coaching staff than you are with the coach you just spent years with? That's the uphill battle all these schools face in flipping these guys away from us.

But once the coaches are displaced from that a little while, even next season, will we still be able to get the same level of guys… that remains to be seen.

If we CAN get these guys to sign and we do start becoming a midlevel power somehow, then yes it will be easier to sell the brand instead of familiarity with the coaches. And we need to get there before Partridge leaves for greener pastures (if his head coaching is as good as his recruiting and PR abilities).

Posted On: Jun 11th 2014, 3:06 PM #331937

We need to keep working on making our pastures greener so he doens't have to go anywhere.  Lets start with a new weight room and academic center.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

owl2Doc said

Posted On: Jun 11th 2014, 3:06 PM #331937

We need to keep working on making our pastures greener so he doens't have to go anywhere.  Lets start with a new weight room and academic center.
Posted On: Jun 11th 2014, 4:56 PM #331939

BINGO. Hopefully Pat Chun is AGGRESVILY lobbying President Kelly to include major renovations and expansion to the Oxley Center for the upcoming master plan. Heck, maybe a new baseball stadium could have something to do with that. Just wishful thinking over here.
Back to the top
Control functions: