Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2014 FAU Football Season Ticket Mailer

Went out three days ago…

Side One:

Side Two:

Back to the top

Wanted to expand more on Rick's post and give some information on it (who got it and we are doing on top of it). This went out to local alumni within a 50 mile radius of the school who graduated between 2002-2013 (about 35,000 total mailed). We have just started today with reaching back out to eveyone who this mailer was mailed to, just making sure they got it and answer questions on it or get them taken care of with tickets this season. We will also be doing a personal email later this summer with this information to all alumni in the area to reach even more alumni and wont cost as much as mailing something like this. Finally, we will continue to make calls to alumni, all graduating years, that we have numbers provided and live local. In the end we want to get the alumni population more involved with athletics as a whole, with focus on football, but also giving infomation on all other sports that might interest them.

Let me know if you have any further questions on it.

Thank you all for your contiued support and GO OWLS!
Back to the top

John_Z said

Wanted to expand more on Rick's post and give some information on it (who got it and we are doing on top of it). This went out to local alumni within a 50 mile radius of the school who graduated between 2002-2013 (about 35,000 total mailed). We have just started today with reaching back out to eveyone who this mailer was mailed to, just making sure they got it and answer questions on it or get them taken care of with tickets this season. We will also be doing a personal email later this summer with this information to all alumni in the area to reach even more alumni and wont cost as much as mailing something like this. Finally, we will continue to make calls to alumni, all graduating years, that we have numbers provided and live local. In the end we want to get the alumni population more involved with athletics as a whole, with focus on football, but also giving infomation on all other sports that might interest them.

Posted On: Jun 19th 2014, 7:34 PM #332053

Good strategy.
Back to the top

Got mine yesterday, looks awesome.

Can you confirm the "beer anywhere in the stadium" rumor and explain how that works? Will all vendors now serve beer, will someone come around, or will everyone have access to the Delray Honda deck?
Back to the top

Great! Let me know if you want seats this seaon.

In regards to beer throughout the stadium, I can't comment on anything of that matter because I have not heard anything. There have been talks in the past, but have not been told anything lately of it.

In my opinion (and this just that my personal opinion and nothing tied with FAU Athletics), if beer were to be served throughout there would be stations in the stadium and only people that have deck seats will still only have access to the deck, and keep its exclusivity.  Once again these are just my personal opinions and nothing official from FAU Athletics and FAU.
Back to the top

That is a slippery slope. The higher prices paid are for certain benefits. Give those away and why pay more. Just say'n.  The "in charge people" need to think about this one.
Back to the top

John_Z said

Posted On: Jun 19th 2014, 7:34 PM #332053

Keep up the good work, great idea.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

That is a slippery slope. The higher prices paid are for certain benefits. Give those away and why pay more. Just say'n.  The "in charge people" need to think about this one.
Posted On: Jun 19th 2014, 9:37 PM #332060

Right but you also get that awesome lounge area surrounding the bar plus your own gift shop and cart vendors not to mention more shade than people in any other part of the stadium. That's all besides the beer.

There are ways of approaching this. For instance, you could offer two types of beer in the common section but then have a wide array of different beers up in the Hyundai Deck - maybe even local stuff from places like Funky Buddha, Saltwater or Due South.

That way you'd still have the advantage over people below and FAU makes considerably more money in alcohol sales.
Back to the top

Can anyone that actually knows explain how we are allowed to sell alcohol in an on campus studium which is a violation of NCAA rules?  I know you can have premium sections where it is included in the price but not outright sell it.

My guess is that the actual land that the stadium sits on is not FAU land (maybe county/city or something to do with the airport ) and that is the loophole??

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

A quick question about season tickets.. Is that $400 per ticket for the Hyundai Deck? So say I want to get tix for the wife and I, it'd be $800 correct? 
Back to the top
Control functions: