Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Beer to be sold during 2014 season at FAU

I love it… What are your thoughts? 
Back to the top

OwlfaninSC said

I love it… What are your thoughts? 
Posted On: Jun 23rd 2014, 12:55 PM #332113

I think they better re-think what the Hyundai Deck member benefits are…I am beginning to wonder what I am paying extra for to be in there since it seems everyone can sneak in there anyway (not sure I care, but it does get crowded).
Back to the top

Also, over serving is a concern.. because what if that happens or someone finds a way around that and wrecks. I know a coupl of my friends from other schools who this discussion was brought up same issue. The School could be held accountable.
Back to the top

If they are going to serve beer throughout the stadium then they need to pick it up a notch with selection and service for the Hyundai Deck or the premium paid might not be worth it.  They will also need to enforce the access to the section as well. Up until now I have not really cared, anything to get people to come to the games but that needs to change.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Though I feel part of the premium is our actual seat location…in the shade, between the 25s on the home side (which is worth something) I do agree that the "right" to purchase beer is a perk that I've felt I have paid for, it's cheapened the value a bit. Better security would be a plus, throughout the game. It's good for the first quarter and then by the second half, it gets a bit loose.

Thank goodness they did care about overserving us in 2011, it was the only way to get through the year!  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

teambeer said

Though I feel part of the premium is our actual seat location…in the shade, between the 25s on the home side (which is worth something) I do agree that the "right" to purchase beer is a perk that I've felt I have paid for, it's cheapened the value a bit. Better security would be a plus, throughout the game. It's good for the first quarter and then by the second half, it gets a bit loose.

Thank goodness they did care about overserving us in 2011, it was the only way to get through the year!  :Big-Grin:
Posted On: Jun 23rd 2014, 2:29 PM #332117

Obviously the seat location is part of the premium…BUT if the entire stadium can get to our location, is that really a premium?   I made a five year commitment with a lot of promises made, with either the promise not completely fulfilled or taken away.   They need to figure out what is special about the section that the most willing to give money to the program are sitting.  I will spend the money if I perceive value, I am losing site of my perceived value.  

It's just the way it is in todays market…the Dolphins have to spend $400 million to upgrade there stadium to keep people interested.  
Back to the top

I called my Ticket rep today, and he said its not a done deal and they are discussing it so take that for what its worth.

Personally we could use the revenue IMHO. But the student section would have to be HEAVILY monitored.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Well what would be a good compromise where you feel the ticket still has value AND allows FAU to make some extra money/improve attendance that it badly needs?

$1 beers in Hyundai whereas it's $6+ elsewhere?

Or a greater selection in Hyundai but only one type of beer elsewhere?

etc

What's the compromise?
Back to the top

I am far less concerned with the beer issue as I am with FAU's inability to control access to the Hyundai section. I feel like I pay for the right to the benefits and yet there are more people getting in for the price of a standard ticket, that I sometimes feel like I am not as smart as them. I know that was a run on sentence. Anyway, beer has a huge profit margin. Most alcohol does. If FAU can make a few extra bucks, go for it. But please find a way, to make the people that bought the more costly seats, feel like they have access to something special. This issue and not the beer sales is what is really devaluing our seats.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I am far less concerned with the beer issue as I am with FAU's inability to control access to the Hyundai section. I feel like I pay for the right to the benefits and yet there are more people getting in for the price of a standard ticket
FAU checks tickets all the time for that section before letting them up. What else do they need to do, go person to person every quarter during the game and ask to see their tickets? That would ruin the experience IMO

Back to the top
Control functions: