Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

4-star RB Jordan Scarlett decommits from FAU

Add topic

No more Owl fingers for Jordan Scarlett

FAU’s highest-profile recruit in program history has decommitted. St. Thomas Aquinas four-star running back Jordan Scarlett confirmed his change of plans on Friday, and said he will no longer consider FAU.

Scarlett originally committed to the Owls back in December over offers from Alabama, Miami, South Carolina, FSU and others. His commitment marked the first for head coach Charlie Partridge in the Class of 2015.

It was believed that Scarlett was following his high school coach Roger Harriott, who was hired by Partridge to be FAU’s running backs coach - but that’s not the case. Scarlett took an unofficial visit to Miami on Thursday and tweeted a picture with ‘Canes head coach Al Golden.

Scarlett also said he has a visit planned to South Carolina in the coming weeks.

South Plantation three-star safety Rodrick Archer - Scarlett’s cousin - said in a text message that he remains committed to FAU.
Back to the top

Andrew said

No more Owl fingers for Jordan Scarlett

FAU’s highest-profile recruit in program history has decommitted. St. Thomas Aquinas four-star running back Jordan Scarlett confirmed his change of plans on Friday, and said he will no longer consider FAU.

Scarlett originally committed to the Owls back in December over offers from Alabama, Miami, South Carolina, FSU and others. His commitment marked the first for head coach Charlie Partridge in the Class of 2015.

It was believed that Scarlett was following his high school coach Roger Harriott, who was hired by Partridge to be FAU’s running backs coach - but that’s not the case. Scarlett took an unofficial visit to Miami on Thursday and tweeted a picture with ‘Canes head coach Al Golden.

Scarlett also said he has a visit planned to South Carolina in the coming weeks.

South Plantation three-star safety Rodrick Archer - Scarlett’s cousin - said in a text message that he remains committed to FAU.
Posted On: Jun 27th 2014, 9:56 AM #332223

hahaha
Back to the top

Sad to see but I think most of us knew this was a possibility.

We keep moving on and hope the coachs keeping bringing in other talent.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Hate to say it but here's hoping Jordan Scarlett rots behind better Running Backs for all 4 years while he's at one of the "Big schools."

Either way, we know any other school he selects - he'll be a little fish in a big pond to them.

At FAU, he'd have been a big fish in a smaller pond but the last thing we need is a narcissistic whiner about how he'd "carry the team."  

Your body can get hurt on any team, Scarlett.  The real men like Alfred Morris can take it - sorry to say you're not up to the challenge that other real men are.

Alfred Morris was an amazing player but he didn't "carry the whole team" and he still plays on Sundays.

Scarlett, here's to you riding the bench at UM/FSU/SC the next 4 years.  LOL

:JC_stupid:
Back to the top

fauprowler said

Hate to say it but here's hoping Jordan Scarlett rots behind better Running Backs for all 4 years while he's at one of the "Big schools."

Either way, we know any other school he selects - he'll be a little fish in a big pond to them.

At FAU, he'd have been a big fish in a smaller pond but the last thing we need is a narcissistic whiner about how he'd "carry the team."  

Your body can get hurt on any team, Scarlett.  The real men like Alfred Morris can take it - sorry to say you're not up to the challenge that other real men are.

Alfred Morris was an amazing player but he didn't "carry the whole team" and he still plays on Sundays.

Scarlett, here's to you riding the bench at UM/FSU/SC the next 4 years.  LOL

:JC_stupid:
Posted On: Jun 27th 2014, 10:16 AM #332226

Or he could be the stud we all thought he was and he could be an immediate contributor no matter where he goes…I wish him luck.  
Back to the top

Doubtful.

Narcissism
+ "I need to carry the whole team" attitude
+ 4-star RB heading to FSU/UM/SC (where they likely have several 4- and 5-star RB's already at play)

= Riding the pine for Scarlett.

I wish him a nice, cushy seat on a beautiful mahogany bench surrounded by better players than him at his chosen "Big School."
Back to the top

This is how quickly I envision people turning on Partrich after his first two losses this season!
Back to the top

Scarlett had this to say to the Sentinel:

"I felt like FAU wasn't the best decision for me academically and out on the football field," Scarlett said. "At my position, you need your body and at FAU, I would need to carry the team and I'm trying to get my body ready for the NFL."

Back to the top

Ultimately it's his choice and we need to respect that. There is no need to bash on the kid. He's doing what he thinks is best for himself and his career.

And NLOI day is still FAR away. Things change all the time for better or for worse.

Keep Calm and Carry on.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

There is no need to bash on the kid.

Keep Calm and Carry on.
Posted On: Jun 27th 2014, 10:50 AM #332231

+2  If you are upset about the decision making of a 17 year old…you should probably not have kids!

Back to the top
Control functions: