Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Promoting FAU while on vacation.

Add topic

While on vacation in Wisconsin visiting my folks I help to promote FAU by wearing a FAU tshirt while  picking up a few things and wore and wore my FAU polo that I got from, Its Owl Time store, to a fish fry on Friday night. Today I also promoted by wearing my FAU tshirt on the way home and at a restrurant in Lake City, FL since we drove for vacation.
Back to the top

Way to go, we ALL have to spread the name wherever we go! I wear an FAU visor when I play tennis and for some idiot reason I forgot it Saturday and SEVERAL guys commented on where my FAU visor was!
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

While on vacation in Wisconsin visiting my folks I help to promote FAU by wearing a FAU tshirt while  picking up a few things and wore and wore my FAU polo that I got from, Its Owl Time store, to a fish fry on Friday night. Today I also promoted by wearing my FAU tshirt on the way home and at a restrurant in Lake City, FL since we drove for vacation.
Posted On: Jun 29th 2014, 9:08 PM #332289

Represent!!
Back to the top

fauowl said

USMCOWL said

Represent!!
Posted On: Jun 30th 2014, 8:25 AM #332291

Any comments on the wardrobe while in Wisconsin? Also, will the store be getting the red alternate jerseys in store? 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Also, will the store be getting the red alternate jerseys in store? 
Posted On: Jun 30th 2014, 10:57 AM #332293

We most likely will not have jerseys.  Here's why: replica football jerseys almost never look like the on-field jerseys.  Adidas requires a minimum order of about $15,000 for jerseys. They have to be ordered in December to get them for the next football season in August.  That means I would have needed to order them last year. Meanwhile the jerseys for this year have been changed.  They made their last change just last week.

If you order blue jerseys, fans want red, if you order #32 on the jerseys, fans want a different number.  They also notice that they don't really look like the real ones.  It would be the worst investment I could make for where we are in our infancy.

I did an experiment last year and purchased several jerseys from a on-campus competitor  :Winking: I paid full price and then sold them for less than the competitor just to see what would happen.  I thought I would rather lose a few dollars on a few jerseys rather than invest $15K.  

What happened was: I still have a few of those jerseys. Not many people buy jerseys, but they like to see them in the store and look at them.

The other thing I did was go to the games and see how many people were wearing jerseys in the stands.  I found more people wearing our Columbia Fishing shirts than jerseys.

I will still always consider jerseys as things progress, but there needs to be a better solution out there.

Hope that helps!
Back to the top

fauowl said

LawOwl said

We most likely will not have jerseys.  Here's why: replica football jerseys almost never look like the on-field jerseys.  Adidas requires a minimum order of about $15,000 for jerseys. They have to be ordered in December to get them for the next football season in August.  That means I would have needed to order them last year. Meanwhile the jerseys for this year have been changed.  They made their last change just last week.

If you order blue jerseys, fans want red, if you order #32 on the jerseys, fans want a different number.  They also notice that they don't really look like the real ones.  It would be the worst investment I could make for where we are in our infancy.

I did an experiment last year and purchased several jerseys from a on-campus competitor  :Winking: I paid full price and then sold them for less than the competitor just to see what would happen.  I thought I would rather lose a few dollars on a few jerseys rather than invest $15K.  

What happened was: I still have a few of those jerseys. Not many people buy jerseys, but they like to see them in the store and look at them.

The other thing I did was go to the games and see how many people were wearing jerseys in the stands.  I found more people wearing our Columbia Fishing shirts than jerseys.

I will still always consider jerseys as things progress, but there needs to be a better solution out there.

Hope that helps!
Posted On: Jun 30th 2014, 11:41 AM #332294

Hey, so will you be carrying jersey's this year?
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

fauowl said

LawOwl said

Hope that helps!
Posted On: Jun 30th 2014, 11:41 AM #332294

Hey, so will you be carrying jersey's this year?
Posted On: Jun 30th 2014, 12:33 PM #332295

:)
Back to the top

LawOwl said

fauowl said

USMCOWL said

Represent!!
Posted On: Jun 30th 2014, 8:25 AM #332291

Any comments on the wardrobe while in Wisconsin? Also, will the store be getting the red alternate jerseys in store? 
As for vacation, no comments, but at least I was getting the name and logo out there different places.
Back to the top

I try to wear my FAU snap backs as much as possible when out of town - the ones from its owl time. I also wear FAU shirts as much as possible out of town. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Wore mine in Cali, Delaware and Texas.  Mainly business travel.  Was asked about Alfred Morris in Cali last year while on vacation if this is the school he went to.  
Back to the top
Control functions: