Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sentinel Beat Writer Dieter Kurtenbach Moving On

Add topic

Kurtenbach, left, and Dave Brousseau at St. Thomas Aquinas High School

It wasn't too long ago that they were in this position, but the Sun Sentinel is once again looking for a FAU Sports beat writer - one that will hopefully afford them the social media, and  presence that their readers have now come to enjoy and likely expect.

After nearly three years on the job, and two as FAU's go to man, Dieter Kurtenbach is leaving the outlet, but is remaining in the industry.

"I enjoyed my work on the beat", Kurtenbach said. "I’m proud of the things I was able to do on it. Looking forward to what’s next."

Kurtenbach is pursuing a number of options, but will enjoy some needed time off before getting back into the swing of full time coverage.

He is credited with breaking numerous national stories for the outlet, and major enhancement of the sites' content presentation platform.

Back to the top

Andrew Ivins would be great if he wants it.

I doubt FAU will ever get a full time beat reporter. There just isnt enough interest in its programs right now to warrant that. Maybe someday but not for a while

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I long for the return of Digger, Medicare Mike, and that type of reporting. This is probably too much to expect in this move on society..
Back to the top

So was he let go? Did he quit? What happened? 

I loved dieters coverage. He may not have had news everyday for us, but he still was on the ball & had a very entertaining twitter. 

Regardless, I plan on continuing to follow dieter on twitter & hope for the best for a very good beat writer & reporter. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

I do miss Digger. That was one of Ted's better schticks.

I also will still follow Deiter, he is fairly entertaining in my book and I enjoy his tweets.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I feel Dieter did a nice job covering FAU. Beat writers are like nomads.They rarely take root in one place for too long. Especially if they are good. Good Luck to him.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Andrew Ivins would be great if he wants it.

Only man for the job IMO.

Back to the top

Thanks for the great coverage over the years Dieter. I've always enjoyed his write-ups. As for a replacement, is there any way we could lobby Andrew to get the job? Only if he wants it of course.
Back to the top
Control functions: