Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Angelos hired by FIU

Add topic

Story: Ex-FAU AD Craig Angelos now in charge of...revenue?

Interesting quote at the end too:

"So, there's been no track coach for the entire indoor and outdoor seasons. There's no softball coach because they wouldn't give him a big enough bump from $59,000. Various departments in the athletic department have been understaffed.

But the department has another $150,000 suit."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fiusports/2014/07/ex-fau-ad-craig-angelos-now-in
Back to the top

Maybe he will keep them in the toilet too. lol.
Back to the top

We're in a good place now with our athletic dept. staff.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

yeah we are. Thank god for AD Chun. He has the marketing going a lot better, the staff is defintley better, as well he is reaching out to the community more. hopefully by end of the season we will have a name for the stadium.
Back to the top

Angelo's strength is compliance. FAU has never been in trouble under his leadership. It doesn't sound like that will be his duties while at FIU but they might tap that resource. 

Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Angelo's strength is compliance. FAU has never been in trouble under his leadership. It doesn't sound like that will be his duties while at FIU but they might tap that resource. 
Posted On: Jul 4th 2014, 5:32 PM #332361
I think his strength is as a bean counter…or maybe it's his weakness.  He always balanced the budget.  To me that is not that difficult the way he did it.  Instead of raising money when money was needed, he simply cut the budget.

We were never going to grow the program with that approach.

If you want to grow the program, you have to take on some debt, and aggressively figure out how you raise the funds IMHO.

He can claim credit for the stadium, but let's not kid ourselves!

I give mad props to MJ Saunders for getting the stadium approved.
Back to the top

fauowl said

I think his strength is as a bean counter…or maybe it's his weakness.  He always balanced the budget.  To me that is not that difficult the way he did it.  Instead of raising money when money was needed, he simply cut the budget.

Yep.

illinoisowl said

Considering their attendance issues, they probably will need him to work some magic there.

Back to the top

owl2Doc said

fauowl said

Yep.

illinoisowl said

Considering their attendance issues, they probably will need him to work some magic there.

Posted On: Jul 6th 2014, 12:33 PM #332366

Also, just throwing this out there because it's an interesting anecdote: FIU built student housing near the stadium like we did to entice students to attend the games but I'm reading that they also towed the on-campus residents cars in those housing lots (at the students expense of $65) to make room for people attending the game. One petitioner said that she wasn't even told that she would be towed until over a week after it happened. Needless to say, this makes students resent the football games which undoubtedly is a detriment to attendance.
Back to the top

I read the letter from the FIU student. One of the things that frustrates her and other students is they don't know when home games are. That actually is concerning and funny. Is communication that bad on that campus? That must be one of the reasons for the poor attendance. 

Back to the top

owl2Doc said

fauowl said

Yep.

illinoisowl said

Posted On: Jul 6th 2014, 12:33 PM #332366

Like he EVER pulled ANY revenue miracles here! Good luck with this FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: