Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Austin Brown transfers to FAU

Oklahoma wide receiver Austin Brown has transferred to FAU. Brown, a career journeyman, spent last season with the Sooners but didn’t appear in any games.

The 6-foot-5, 204-pound pass catcher started his career at Division II Sioux Falls as a quarterback, before later walking on at Oklahoma in 2012. He left Oklahoma with a Big 12 Championship ring.

The South Dakota native confirmed his transfer on Saturday, and said he has enrolled at FAU for the summer semester.

FAU lost it’s leading receiver in Daniel McKinney to graduation along with DeAndre Richardson and Melvin German. The Owls return star wideout Williams Dukes and viable options in both Lucky Whitehead and Jenson Stoshak, but there are still questions remaining about depth on the outside.

Kalib Woods was noticeably absent from spring camp after being a standout on the scout team last fall, while DJ Juste looks destined for the slot. Derek Moise had a strong spring game, but he hasn’t recorded a reception since Howard Schenllenberger’s final game at FAU.

Brown - who has been described as a “lanky” player - could also transition to tight end, a position FAU is (and will be) in desperate need of help at. The Owls have Alex Deleon on the roster, but lost Nexon Dorvilus and Darion Howard. Offensive coordinator Brian Wright seems keen on the double-tight sets, which means once Deleon graduates in 2015 the position will need a make over.

It’s unclear at the time if Brown will be eligible to play this fall, but he could petition the NCAA for a hardship waiver. He’s been present at team workouts the past few weeks and will be in camp in August as a walk-on. Brown was a redshirt sophomore at Oklahoma last season.

Navy-signee Winston Chastang has also joined the program as a walk-on defensive end.
Back to the top

So Oklahoma gets Dorial Green-Beckham and we get Autin Brown.

I actually think WE are the wnners here!

Beckham is a loser and someday these Coaches will have to start to lay off from accepting these duggie, violent thugs in the name of winning and a) keeping their jobs or b) getting HUGE raises. Apparantly making over $5M a year does not improve ones judgement of character!

Welcome to FAU Austin, I hope you can play this year but even not, work hard and play your butt off whenever you can hit the field as an Owl!
Back to the top

I have to be honest GeorgiaOwl, I had to Google DG-B. His misfortunes are not finished. There will be another problem down the road. Your correct, some coaches will overlook anything to win.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I have to be honest GeorgiaOwl, I had to Google DG-B. His misfortunes are not finished. There will be another problem down the road. Your correct, some coaches will overlook anything to win.
Posted On: Jul 6th 2014, 12:21 PM #332365

Hope not for his sake but definately a strong possibility. When will the College Presidents and Heads of Admissions start to step up and take control of their U's? They have ceeded ALL decisions and POWERS to the football HC's just for money and because the HC's (AND most Coords and MANY assistants now at the BigBoys) make more than they do!
Back to the top

Yes, Bob Stoops is known for buying players, letting the players run the ship, and allowing drugs, guns, and loose to women hang around the dorms.  :cool:    and of course, non of that is true.  Try being informed.
Back to the top

Guest said

Yes, Bob Stoops is known for buying players, letting the players run the ship, and allowing drugs, guns, and loose to women hang around the dorms.  :cool:    and of course, non of that is true.  Try being informed.
Posted On: Jul 6th 2014, 8:19 PM #332382

If you are going to post as a guest why don't you try "informing" everyone since you apparently know.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Have to get the argument right first…

The word used they are referring to was "accept". No one mentioned "run", "buy", or "allow".

Anyway, to support the claim initially made of questionable acceptance, you have the case of Josh Jarboe.

We have other threads about him on the forum.

Back to the top
Control functions: