Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UM Dismisses Two Linebackers Amidst Sexual Battery Charges

Add topic

Via CBSLocal.com…

Two University of Miami Football players were arrested Tuesday for allegedly performing sex acts on an underage girl.
Alexander Figueroa, 20, and Jawand Blue, 20, were arrested Tuesday and charged with sexual battery.
According to the arrest affidavit, Figueroa and Blue, without the 17-year old girl’s knowledge, gave her “a narcotic, anesthetic, or other intoxicating substance that mentally or physically incapacitated” on July 5th.

Two UM Football Players Arrested For Sexual Battery On UM Campus « CBS Miami
Back to the top

So basically she was as helpless as UM's defense last year?  :Winking:

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Walty you may have missed your career calling as a comedian!
Back to the top

Rick said

Posted On: Jul 8th 2014, 4:19 PM #332414

But don't ya wish we had played UM LATE late last year and not as the season opener. I just might have been an interesting result! :cool:
Back to the top

Rick said

Rape is always a great topic for jest and humor, keep up the good work.
Back to the top

Correct me if I'm wrong but was Blue from Spanish River. I remember a 3 star LB named Blue that had a FAU offer and he blew it off like we were not worthy. I won't lump everyone  together, but some kids are better off not going away to school. Florida's big three are constantly in the news with this kind of stuff. Players breaking rules and laws. Too bad.
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

Rick said

Posted On: Jul 8th 2014, 5:53 PM #332417
Oh my god!  There was another rape incident at Miami!  I cant believe it!  What is the world coming to?

Better?  Relax a bit.  Im sorry that I pointed out what Miami lacks compared to other large Universities when it comes to recruiting in football.  No reason to be a Richard on the board.

I'll take it a step further if you want a serious response...after all of the incidents created out of the swag culture down at Miami I am concerned that the program still exists.  Over the last x number of years there have been more crimes and behavioral issues than I care to discuss.  At what point do you just shrug and start to laugh at how ridiculous it is?

Miami, keep up the good work.

Back to the top

And here, you might want to write one of the biggest comics out right now a letter detailing your disapproval:

Back to the top

I can't speak for Tim, but as for my post…

1. No red font because I was serious, not being sarcastic.

2. It was a compliment - Walty is the most quick witted member around.

Besides, anyone who can decipher and withstand 10 rounds of textual sparring with OC40 and still see straight is OK in my book as well!

:Big-Grin:

Back to the top

walty12 said

Tim FAU98 said

Rick said

Posted On: Jul 8th 2014, 5:53 PM #332417
Oh my god!  There was another rape incident at Miami!  I cant believe it!  What is the world coming to?

Better?  Relax a bit.  Im sorry that I pointed out what Miami lacks compared to other large Universities when it comes to recruiting in football.  No reason to be a Richard on the board.

I'll take it a step further if you want a serious response...after all of the incidents created out of the swag culture down at Miami I am concerned that the program still exists.  Over the last x number of years there have been more crimes and behavioral issues than I care to discuss.  At what point do you just shrug and start to laugh at how ridiculous it is?

Miami, keep up the good work.
Posted On: Jul 8th 2014, 6:49 PM #332420

I don't care if there are 100 rape incidents at the University of Miami…every single one of them are heinous and appalling.  And just cause a popular comedian makes jokes about it doesn't mean it is OK.  I hope whatever department has jurisdiction over the investigation learns from the fiasco in Tallahassee, because they did no one a service.  For the sake of the alleged victim and accused I hope a proper investigation is conducted.  If you ever had a friend or family member go through it, it changes them forever, you might change your opinion if god forbid it happens to someone you know.  And just  because I make a comment that thinks you shouldn't joke about it, was it necessary to call me a Richard?  Grow up!
Back to the top
Control functions: