Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owls Land First 2011 Football Commit

Freedom High Offensive Lineman First to Pledge towards Upcoming Class

If you follow Florida Atlantic’s football recruiting, you know one thing: When the Owls' coaching staff offers a scholarship to a prospect it’s more than just an opportunity, it’s a sign of potential.

Having received an offer from FAU’s coaches earlier this Spring, Freedom High School offensive lineman Josue Joseph confirmed that Friday morning, while becoming FAU’s first verbal commitment of the 2011 recruiting class.

"Hey, I just thought I would let you know that today I made my commitment to come play football for FAU!", Joseph told the Owl's Nest via Facebook on Friday night.

After attending FAU's development camp, where he had to sit out due to an ankle sprain, he gained a further appreciation for the program. But he was not yet sold.

However, after returning from a Fellowship of Christian Athletes leadership camp in the Orlando area, Joseph explained that some reinforcing comments had helped him realize the value of FAU's recruiting philosophy.

“A motivational speaker there kind of opened up my eyes,” Joseph said. “I don’t feel like I should have to wait around for a UF or FSU when I have someone who recognizes my potential.”

“After I got back from my leadership camp and talked with my high school coach, I called coach Serna and let him know that I wanted to be an FAU Owl. It’s nice to have a big sigh of relief,” an excited Joseph remarked.

The Orlando Sentinel reported Joseph's receiving an offer from Florida Atlantic on May 24th and was the first to confirm tonight that the lineman has verbally commited to the program.

Florida State, South Florida, Colorado, UCF, Middle Tennessee State, and Florida International all had been actively recruiting the 6'-4", 255 lb pound offensive lineman, but Joseph wants to make history in Boca Raton.

“It’s a developing program, and I want to be part of that,” Joseph stated. “I want to be part of the 2011 class and play in the new stadium.”

“I wish I had jumped on this opportunity earlier; I’m excited to be an Owl!"
Back to the top

Back to the top

Good Gravy,

I dont EVER remember this many transfers.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

So.......with all these transfers, we are really looking for an impact in our 2016 season.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I actually remember him. It was at a time when we were thrilled to get a guy like him and then the heart break of the de-commitment. Nice to see Marshall developed him and bulked him up a little for us. Welcome young man.
Back to the top

Hey, at least they are transfering IN and not out! Navy, Oklahoma, Washington St. and now Marshall, all established programs and all of this will help fortify and build our depth at some VERY key positions DL, WR, LB and now OL.

We still have to continue to convince these kid's to play AT HOME and not "test out" the waters a long way from home.

Welcome to FAU Josue!
Back to the top

Owls Land First 2011 Football Commit

So FAU is getting a bunch of players that did what a lot of people are hoping Scarlett will do at UM, underachieve and leave.  Seems like most of these guys had marginal contributions at their original schools and now they are looking to be stars at FAU!
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Good Gravy,

I dont EVER remember this many transfers.
Posted On: Jul 12th 2014, 7:14 PM #332518

Actually FAU has had years like this in the past. The difference is now we have people keeping up with the news as it happens. This board has grown and the reporting is much better. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

How will all these transfers affect our scholarships?

I assume some of them will be walk-ons but not all of them.
Back to the top

Guest said

So FAU is getting a bunch of players that did what a lot of people are hoping Scarlett will do at UM, underachieve and leave.  Seems like most of these guys had marginal contributions at their original schools and now they are looking to be stars at FAU!
Posted On: Jul 12th 2014, 9:53 PM #332522

Yes, we have decided to only go after marginal players so that you may feel better about the team you support.  We are here for you!
Back to the top
Control functions: