Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Florida Launch opiniion

Add topic

I would like to hear your guys opinion on the Florida Launch. There last game is the 26th of July. They average just about 1100 fans a game. For a new franchise in a sport that no one has really seen on tv or advertised that much, I wonder if that is par for the course. What do you guys think.   
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

I would like to hear your guys opinion on the Florida Launch. There last game is the 26th of July. They average just about 1100 fans a game. For a new franchise in a sport that no one has really seen on tv or advertised that much, I wonder if that is par for the course. What do you guys think.   
Posted On: Jul 13th 2014, 10:12 AM #332527

It's a fringe sport…they should have rented a high school stadium.  I hope we didn't give them a deal on rent and we are getting a fair market.  The attendance will steadily decline in the future from this peak.
Back to the top

One of my Co-workers sons is really into Lacrosse and he took him to the last home game.

He said they had a great time, and were very impressed with the stadium. He is a HUGE Gator fan but he said he would probably be back to check out a home game for FAU this season because his experience was good.

Yes they dont draw a lot, but its rent, and more people that see the stadium and how nice is can net more attendance for football.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Posted On: Jul 13th 2014, 10:12 AM #332527

I have no idea what is on par, but I was told that the Launch did very little to promote this year, and that their efforts were geared toward next year all along.  
Back to the top

Florida "Launch". First of I don't gey the name unless your team is in Daytona or Cocoa Beach. This is S. Florida and the name makes no sense to me. Get a S. Florida like name to build a LOCAL identity. I hope they make it and build on their attendance. NOT advertising for this year makes ZERO sense to me either!
Back to the top

I have no idea about average attendance for these things but I think it's a great thing for our stadium and I hope it continues. The revenue and the exposure, however slight, makes it worth it and even if the team loses every game it really doesn't reflect poorly on FAU since it's not an FAU team. Anything we get from them is a benefit.
Back to the top
Control functions: